So I took my SIM card out of my 9900 and put it in my 9700 and then back into my 9900. It seems now that my BBM does not work. Any help? I've never run into this. I'm thinking it may be an issue of how your BlackBerry ID is linked to your phone.
    09-24-11 04:09 AM
    It has to do with the fact that the BB service links with the SIM card or phone number, which one I'm not sure. So when you swap SIM card, you have to set it up again. This was gonna change with BIS 4.1, but I don't know if that's rolled out on every carrier yet.
    09-24-11 04:46 AM
    How do I set it up again? I'm close to just wiping my phone and starting from scratch so I know it will work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-11 04:51 AM
    Thanks! I was looking there but must have over looked the one I needed.

09-24-11 04:54 AM
    also you may have "reg the device with the carrier"
    09-24-11 06:43 AM
    I tried everything I, and you helpful folks, could think of and nothing worked. So I ended up wiping the device. Won't be doing that again. Its a shame. I'm going to a music festival tomorrow and was hoping I could swap the SIM into the 9700 and not run the risk of losing/hurting my 9900.

09-24-11 06:50 AM
    you can just hook it up to the computer, open bb desktop manager, click the apps tab on the left side of the connected device screen and all the apps will have a plus or an x next to them.....just re-add bbm. may take a little bit to load and restart tho.
    09-24-11 07:02 AM
    Ugh, I feel shame. Why didn't I think of that? For future refrence I will do just that. Hopefully others can learn from my mistake
    09-24-11 07:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD