If you guys are complaining about threaded sms do you guys know their's a short cut I think it's ALT S or aA S and it threads the sms but you'll have to do that everytime you open the inbox i think?
    01-20-10 11:11 PM
    Oh cool tip! Didn't know that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-10 11:19 PM
    ALT-s is it!!!! I never heard that before but I get many tweets sent to my device and I prefer to see them in " non threaded" versions at times.
    Thanks for the tip.
    01-21-10 08:44 PM
    If you guys are complaining about threaded sms do you guys know their's a short cut I think it's ALT S or aA S and it threads the sms but you'll have to do that everytime you open the inbox i think?
    Thanks for the kind thought. I haven't been able to get this to really do anything but I'll try it again when I get more text messages.

I'd pay someone to write an OS with a disable feature to kill threaded messages.
    01-21-10 09:05 PM
    there is a bunch of shortcuts for the messaging app.

Mark a message as opened or unopened
    Press the Alt key + U

View received messages
    Press the Alt key + I

View sent messages
    Press the Alt key + O

View voice mail messages
    Press the Alt key + V

View SMS text messages
    Press the Alt key + S

View call logs (this is a great way to clean your phone log to keep memory clear)
    Press the Alt key + P

View Facebook messages
    Press the Alt key + F

View all your messages again
    Press the Escape key
    01-21-10 10:02 PM
    Oh, and you can create your own shortcut using the menu/search function.

I set one up that opens up all my saved messages, so I don't have go to menu/view folder/ etc.
    01-21-10 10:23 PM
    What about for people with a storm? wheres the alt key?
    01-24-10 09:14 PM
    Thanks for the kind thought. I haven't been able to get this to really do anything but I'll try it again when I get more text messages.

I'd pay someone to write an OS with a disable feature to kill threaded messages.
    I don't think this shortcut is anything like what you want. It unthreads the messages in the main list, so they show up just like emails do; one at a time, but once you click on the message it is still the same threaded/chat style SMS.

The only way I see this as being an advantage for you is that you wouldn't have to scroll through a bunch of messages in one thread to find what you are looking for. When you select the one message you want & click on it you are taken directly to that particular message in the thread. However you would have to remember to use the shortcut every time you go into your SMS folder.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-10 02:23 AM
    I have the torch 9800 and I've noticed the SMS Inbox is the "old stye" of text without chat presentation so Is there a way to do 1 of three things:

-Either make a shortcut to SMS inbox (NOT the general text message screen)

-DL an app for the 9800 that takes you straight to your SMS inbox

-a way to downgrade the os on the torch from os 6 to os 4.6 or 4.5?

Much thnx.
    01-29-11 03:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD