View Poll Results: What do you think of this suggestion/idea?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Would love to see it implemented.

0 0%
  • I don't think I get the complete idea.

1 33.33%
  • Not interesting, that's a Veto from me.

2 66.67%
    Hello all,

I've been a follower of this community, bla bla bla.. anyways, I joined today for a specific reason; to share an idea and seek feedback and HOPEFULLY (said with toes crossed) someone would adopt it in RIM.

Le Software:
    BBM

Le Background:
    Where I come from, everyone has a BB for one reason: Sharing different written material and web links for various reasons (news, jokes, entertainment, pranks, religious, general info etc.) by using the broadcast message feature.

Le Aim:
    Take broadcasting to a new level.

Le Idea:

The idea here is structured for implementation in a way that serves multi-dimensional purposes (and somehow assuring integration of features):

1. Add a feature that is similar to Facebook's "like" or Twitter's "favorite" to BBM chat windows, enabling its usage per balloon of chat.

2. Add a category in the chat history to view the favorited content separately. (Record keeping for personal use - Internal dimension)

3. After marking a certain received text ballon as a favorite, enable an option to display it in the broadcast message window, making it a click away from sending. (Sharing with contacts - External dimension)

Le Final Thought:

I believe that what I am suggesting here would start a new era for the BBM, especially if it was delivered along with the highly anticipated QNX devices. A girlfriend would love to highlight a certain cheesy line by her man, a forgetful friend would want to remember the directions to his friend's place (assuming he has trouble dealing with BB or google maps), and/or make the experience of forwarding pre-received broadcasts more appealing and user friendly (or so I think!)

Feel like polishing the idea or criticizing it? go ahead, would love to know how people will receive it.

(NO, I AM NOT A DESPERATE RIM MARKET RESEARCHER/PRODUCT DEVELOPER or whatsoever)
    01-03-12 04:23 PM
    You'd be much better off signing up for this site https://beta.webapps.blackberry.com/...ct=index&item= and suggesting this there.

As for what I think about it: I'd never use it. It's so easy to copy/paste things (you can even copy/paste/email a whole chat) on a BlackBerry that this would just be another place to have to go to see these things. Those directions to a friends house should be in the notes of their contact on the phone. The favorites thing isn't a bad idea, I like using the memopad for that though, combined with Universal Search those favorites are just a few clicks away.

I don't understand what you're wanting with the Broadcast thing, but I hate BBM Broadcasts anyway. My contacts get one chance, then they get deleted if they send me one, I don't care if they're offering me free money, I don't want to see them!
    01-03-12 04:39 PM
    I'd rather have the ability to turn off broadcast messages. They annoy me. Users who send them often get deleted from my contacts.
    01-03-12 04:45 PM
    You'd be much better off signing up for this site https://beta.webapps.blackberry.com/...ct=index&item= and suggesting this there.

As for what I think about it: I'd never use it. It's so easy to copy/paste things (you can even copy/paste/email a whole chat) on a BlackBerry that this would just be another place to have to go to see these things. Those directions to a friends house should be in the notes of their contact on the phone. The favorites thing isn't a bad idea, I like using the memopad for that though, combined with Universal Search those favorites are just a few clicks away.

I don't understand what you're wanting with the Broadcast thing, but I hate BBM Broadcasts anyway. My contacts get one chance, then they get deleted if they send me one, I don't care if they're offering me free money, I don't want to see them!
    Interesting point of view that reminded of something else I had in mind: Broadcast blocker? RIM should definitly add this whether it was a full list block or specific user. I think that would help maintain the number of contacts lol

Thanks for the link though, will check it out later.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-12 04:48 PM
    Haha, yea, I'd have many more BBM contacts if it weren't for Broadcast messages...

You should definitely become a member of the Beta Zone though. You get to use unreleased apps/updates, talk about suggestions for more features, and report bugs. The great thing about it is you get to give and receive feedback/suggestions to the people that actually work on developing the app.
    01-03-12 05:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD