I just updated the OS on my Curve 8330. After the update was complete, I had an email indicator lit that shows I have 2 emails. I've checked all possible folders and I have no emails waiting. I did a battery pull then called Verizon tech support. They ran me thru a few steps (another battery pull, deleting and re-installing service books) and then told me the problem may have come because I updated w/o removing the memory card first. They advised me to downgrade, remove the card and then upgrade again. Done. The indicator is still there. Any ideas? This is driving me nuts!
    01-21-10 12:50 PM
    You could always wipe the device after backing it up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-10 04:17 PM
    do you have 2 emails set up on the device, if so it sounds like you recieved both registration email on the new os. have you deleted all prior messages in all folders of the phone, verify you have show all selecteed.
    01-21-10 04:25 PM
    Go into EVERY folder and hit the U(for unread) button. Check all folders including Hidden folders, Saved Message folder, PIN messages, Missed Calls logged in Message folder. Open any Missed Calls logged.

If you have your general " Messages" folder hidden (Menu-Show All), check there. PIN messages, Email Account Registration, and App World update messages are only logged in this folder.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-10 04:29 PM
    That was it Chrisy!! When I hit 'show all', the general message folder (which I keep hidden) had 2 registration emails from Verizon and Blackberry. Wouldn't you think Verizon tech support would have known that?
    Thank you so, so much! That's why I always follow the forums...someone here always has the answer!
    Thank you again!!
    01-21-10 08:55 PM
    Great! Glad you found it.

Forget tech support. Just come here!
    01-21-10 08:56 PM
    That was it Chrisy!! When I hit 'show all', the general message folder (which I keep hidden) had 2 registration emails from Verizon and Blackberry. Wouldn't you think Verizon tech support would have known that?
    Thank you so, so much! That's why I always follow the forums...someone here always has the answer!
    Thank you again!!
    This happens to me all the time. I have the same setup as you.
    01-21-10 11:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD