I am having a BBM issue with just one of my contacts, sort of odd.

I have a 9700, she has a 9780 Bold. She sends me messages and i get them but when it comes time for me to reply, i just get a check mark, no D or R. She doesn't get them either...Strangely we both can contact others successfully with no issues ?

Another strange twist is that we can PIN message each other successfully ? ?

We both have done battery pulls and resent service books, what can this be ?

Thanks,
    Pete
    01-19-11 10:52 AM
    In my case whenever I pinned my buddy the message ended up in his email inbox. I had to go to his contact profile and setup again.....weird.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-11 10:59 AM
    I think you should both delete eachother from BBM and re-add after a few minutes. Sounds like somebody set up us the bomb.

Try it! All your base are belong to us.
    01-19-11 11:15 AM
    I am having a BBM issue with just one of my contacts, sort of odd.

I have a 9700, she has a 9780 Bold. She sends me messages and i get them but when it comes time for me to reply, i just get a check mark, no D or R. She doesn't get them either...Strangely we both can contact others successfully with no issues ?
    Are you using the Group function? If you are BBM'ing your friend through a group chat the D and R don't show for your sent BBM's ... only a check mark.
    01-19-11 12:04 PM
    I am referring to a single person pin contact not group.

Just tried removing and re-adding, same behavior

Ideas ?
    01-19-11 01:30 PM
    Do you find that eventually it will get the D and R? If they eventually appear, might be a network issue even though both you are able to still communicate.
    01-19-11 02:08 PM
    The messages i send to her gets checked but have no confirmation of any kind.

Something also odd i noticed is that on my bb list she is displayed as a pin number, not her name and avatar ?

Pete
    01-19-11 03:44 PM
    Try deleting and then adding back BBM. Pain in the arse, but worth it if you rely on BBM.

01-19-11 05:20 PM
    Remove BBM, battery pull, launch App World and get BBM from app world. You'll get updates once it's installed via the Messages area.

01-19-11 10:29 PM
    After trying all the above suggestions, i got frustrated and called ATT.

Once going through all the pains once more battery pulls, reinstall BBM, Remove & Read contacts, Service Book..., ATT said they cant help me and they would need to escalate this to RIM.

I was connected to RIM London and again we basically went through these steps again and the tech was baffled apparently . Additionally, he created a BBM group with the three of us, me and the tech could see each others messages but she could not see mine for some reason. Her and the tech talked with no problems.

After performing some diagnostics, he realized i was running the latest OS .1014 which wasn't released for ATT (4 hours up to that point). He quickly changed his tune, that this may be the reason. So basically i need to downgrade before we can continue, very frustrating !!!

Any Input or comments ?
    01-20-11 10:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD