OK Well I got my BB S2 can it of course comes with BBM 4.7 so I upgrade it to 5.0 so I can get my contacts back just like when I had my S1. However when I attempt to restore my contacts VIA a registered email address it says "Please try again later. Your device is being registered with the BlackBerry Messenger Network. This process should be completed shortly." At first I was like OK I'll try again in like 15 minutes...same thing. 12 Hours later and I'm still getting the same message. VZW had me resend service books, re-register the Host Routing Tables, and do a complete wipe of the device. RIM said they have no idea why this is happening and they've seen it with a few others and all they can suggest is to wait and hope it gets worked out. Do any of you have any idea how I can get this thing to work? I know many of you are way smarter than the reps at RIM and VZW. Thanks in advance!

Rich
    11-03-09 11:09 PM
    Yeah theres a post on this on the CB main page.
    11-03-09 11:12 PM
    There is a problem with bbm. Rim is workin on it. Stau tuned.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-09 11:12 PM
    There are so many threads about this issue which RIM is working on to get fixed all we can do is wait and wait. I have been dealing with this issue since friday.
    11-03-09 11:15 PM
    I'm getting frustrated!!!!!
    11-03-09 11:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD