Can anyone help? I got a replacement phone and I used the device manager to switch all my info from one phone to the other. My BBM contacts are there but the new pin did not update on my friends phones. There has to be a way to fix this because this is the first time I have had this problem. Here is what I have tried so far.

Wipe the phone and tried again
    make sure both phones are running BBM 5.0.0.57
    restore from email acct
    restore from memory card

when I restore from email I get a green check mark next to registering but requesting user profile just gets hung up...

any help would be great.
    Thanks
    08-01-10 11:33 AM
    but the new pin did not update on my friends phones.
    !!!! I didn't know the device switch can actually update your friends phone for you!!!!

If you have the habit of logging bbm history, please do see your folders, there will be pin number of all your past friends conversation, the file name will be using your friend pin number. You can get their pin and re-add from there.
    Last edited by titusilvering; 08-01-10 at 11:48 AM.
    08-01-10 11:45 AM
    [QUOTE=titusilvering;5406938
    If you have the habit of logging bbm history, please do see your folders, there will be pin number of all your past friends conversation, the file name will be using your friend pin number. You can get their pin and re-add from there.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info Titus - Had no idea; I don't log my BBM histories though <DOH>

OP -

Sounds to me like your BBM account hasn't fully understood that you're using a new phone yet. Try removing an email account that you have registered as a backup for your BBM and then re-add it. Sometimes that causes everybody to update themselves and things start progressing as you'd like to see.

Also, could try removing BBM and reinstalling, that's worked for me in the past.

HTH--Happy Posting!
    08-01-10 11:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD