Searched and can't not find answer, hope someone can help.

Standard upgrade, uninstalled .713 and rebooted. Installed .1015. used shrick-a-OS and then loader.exe. Everything backed up / wiped / install / data restored.

BBM and Windows live messenger won't run and neither will Tank Recon. Some strange error flashes and then a little (OK) box appears.

Tried full wipe / install twice and finally went back to .713.

Things are better now with another clean install of .713 and thinking I will leave it alone unless someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks. Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving.
    11-26-10 01:02 PM
    BBM and messenger work fine for me, but OpenGL is not working so tank recon is not gonna work for you with this build
    Curly62 and DTritcakDST like this.
    11-26-10 01:08 PM
    BBM works fine here on the two S2's I upgraded today. I don't play games on my S2. that's what my PS3 is for
    11-26-10 01:11 PM
    yeah tank recon will be broke because RIM somehow managed to break all openGL related games.

the others should work as intended and i have heard of no other reports of them being problems
    11-26-10 01:11 PM
    Will they ever fix the Open GL issue? It seems rather sad, in the last two, or three updates, it still is broken
    DTritcakDST likes this.
    11-26-10 02:19 PM
    Thanks for the information...Will try again next weekend..
    11-26-10 03:15 PM
    I have the same problem with bbm, uncaught exception error. I installed using shrink-a-os and had the problem from the first start. Reinstalled without shrinking and the problem went away for a while. Installed third party apps back onto it and rebooted a few times and the problem is right back again.
    11-26-10 08:10 PM
    Tried reinstalling once more with minimal backup items, thinking I was bringing something incompatible with my restore. It did it again after the first battery pull, also add google talk to the error. Reloading the 713 based hybrid I had stable prior to this. 1015 is not for me either at this time, apparently.
    11-27-10 12:47 AM
    For those having issues getting BBM to work with this OS, its likely due to a bad JVM on the phone. Try getting BB MCP and wipe/reinstall the OS using the Delete JVM option. This will load a new java virtual machine (JVM) and should resolve the issue (worked for one person who was having a similar problem already). BBM should work after that.

If you need specific instructions, let me know and I'll post them tonight when I have my computer available.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Curly62 likes this.
    11-27-10 10:01 AM
    i have had this os since the leak. bbm works fine. but never tried windows live because majority of my friends have bbm or yahoo... i didnt do the shrink os just normal install with app loader,
    11-27-10 10:05 AM
    I am having the same BBM error problem since downloading the new OS, everything else is working fine. Is there another way (easier) than this method??

For those having issues getting BBM to work with this OS, its likely due to a bad JVM on the phone. Try getting BB MCP and wipe/reinstall the OS using the Delete JVM option. This will load a new java virtual machine (JVM) and should resolve the issue (worked for one person who was having a similar problem already). BBM should work after that.

If you need specific instructions, let me know and I'll post them tonight when I have my computer available.

11-28-10 09:24 PM
    Here are specific instructions for the method I suggested. Thus far, this is the only way I know that has worked.

If you don’t already have BB MCP, you can download it from here: http://mcpfx.com/

1. Once it’s installed, start by backing up your device using the BlackBerry Desktop Software, then open BB MCP. Ensure that your Device PIN is recognized on the left menu. If not, you can attempt to detect the device in the following step.
    2. Click on the gear icon on the left (middle icon on the top row). If you need to detect the device, you can do that here. On the right side of this page under “Enable Protected Controls” enter “BrickBerry” without the quotation marks. This will allow you to wipe the device.
    3. Click on the icon that looks like a disk with a shield behind it (first icon, fourth row down). This opens the Operating System Management area. Under the Operating System section, pick the OS from the drop down menu (for .1015, select 9550AMEA_v5.0.0.1015_P4.2.0.442). Also ensure “Full Wipe” and “Delete JVM” are selected (Delete JVM is the important one that will cause a new Java Virtual Machine to be loaded to the device).
    4. Select “Confirm” in the Operating System area and then click on “Install OS”.
    5. Let the process commence. This will wipe the device as well as the JVM, then open up the Loader.exe file to manually load the OS.
    6. Once the OS is loaded, you can manually download BBM, then restore your device’s data as well as the rest of your applications.
    freightdog likes this.
    11-28-10 10:09 PM
    Krypto, thanks for the suggestion, I will give it a whirl when I have time soon and see what happens!
    11-29-10 05:40 AM
    I've had no issues with 1015, I did the device switch method to create a folder with all my 3rd party and other apps, then just used DM 5 to update (I hate DM 6 and won't use it), backing up and restoring everything along the way.

This was the smoothest upgrade ever and it even restored all my theme settings (custom folders etc.) and app to where they were. That never happened before.

Have had no issues with anything but don't don't use OpenGL games.
    11-29-10 12:55 PM
    Here are specific instructions for the method I suggested. Thus far, this is the only way I know that has worked.

If you dont already have BB MCP, you can download it from here: http://mcpfx.com/

1. Once its installed, start by backing up your device using the BlackBerry Desktop Software, then open BB MCP. Ensure that your Device PIN is recognized on the left menu. If not, you can attempt to detect the device in the following step.
    2. Click on the gear icon on the left (middle icon on the top row). If you need to detect the device, you can do that here. On the right side of this page under Enable Protected Controls enter BrickBerry without the quotation marks. This will allow you to wipe the device.
    3. Click on the icon that looks like a disk with a shield behind it (first icon, fourth row down). This opens the Operating System Management area. Under the Operating System section, pick the OS from the drop down menu (for .1015, select 9550AMEA_v5.0.0.1015_P4.2.0.442). Also ensure Full Wipe and Delete JVM are selected (Delete JVM is the important one that will cause a new Java Virtual Machine to be loaded to the device).
    4. Select Confirm in the Operating System area and then click on Install OS.
    5. Let the process commence. This will wipe the device as well as the JVM, then open up the Loader.exe file to manually load the OS.
    6. Once the OS is loaded, you can manually download BBM, then restore your devices data as well as the rest of your applications.
    I just tried this method and after the first battery pull, bbm wouldnt start and got the java error.
    12-02-10 11:59 PM
    Ok, so it may work, but its not guaranteed.

There may be something else at work. Given that the OS is official, you can contact Verizon for assistance.

12-03-10 12:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD