Hey everyone,

I have recently started a data plan for my blackberry and everytime people add me on BB Messenger my BB hangs I receive a message saying "Xyz has requested to add you. To get BB Messenger follow this link..." and I cannot respond to the request or open BB Messenger. The first time around, I reinstalled (downgraded) my BBM, but this time, reinstalling bbm didn't work. I currently have 5.0.1.41 (downgraded from 5.0.0.57).

I tried switching on and off my phone as well, but everytime I restart I get the following message
    Uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException

I also have this problem of "ghost" unread messages--even though all my messages are read, I get a notification and red star icon by the message folder. When I click on it, I see no unread messages.

Any help would be appreciated!!

Thank u!!!
    11-22-10 05:18 AM
    What is the OS on your phone. I've had a few OS's that caused the ghost messaging, only a battery pull would correct the issue. As for the BBM freezing, the only time I had issues was when doing a group chat, but it wasn't very often. Maybe installing a different OS could fix that issue as well if different versions of BBM didnt fix it.
    11-22-10 07:37 AM
    What is the OS on your phone. I've had a few OS's that caused the ghost messaging, only a battery pull would correct the issue. As for the BBM freezing, the only time I had issues was when doing a group chat, but it wasn't very often. Maybe installing a different OS could fix that issue as well if different versions of BBM didnt fix it.
    Thank you Thanontos!
    The Blackberry OS version is 4.7.0.167
    I can't figure out the problem, coz it looks like my software is up to date..I will try the uninstall/reinstall though.

The battery pull does correct the ghost unread message, but I seem to be getting them almost everyday! I was hoping theres' an easier solution for it.

Any other possible solutions will be much appreciated. Thanks!
    11-22-10 10:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD