Since I upgraded to the new Blackberry messenger 5.0 version I have been having some issues. How can i stop text messages from appearing in my Blackberry messenger ? Also my personal ring tones for certain people doesnt work anymore. Does anyone know how I can fix this? Any help would be greatly appreciated
    07-20-10 01:53 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry!
    These are known errors for the BETA version of BBM that you have installed. You should keep these questions etc. regarding the BETA versions in the BETA zone. It is not to be discussed out of that site.
    07-20-10 01:55 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry!
    These are known errors for the BETA version of BBM that you have installed. You should keep these questions etc. regarding the BETA versions in the BETA zone. It is not to be discussed out of that site.
    based on post count and newbieness of the question, i highly doubt the user is using the beta 5.0.1.32. my money is they went from 4.x to 5.0.0.57. and even so, SMS's linked to BBM lists are not errors, thats how it was designed.

OP, if you are using the BBM 5.0.0.57, just select the option to "Disconnect from Blackberry Link" in the options. this will dissassociate the PIN to the BBM contact to your regular contacts list. it will prevent the SMS from appearing in your BBM list.

if you are using the new beta BBM 5.0.1.17 or 5.0.1.32, just uncheck the box in BBM options next to "Show Text Messages From Contacts Linked From Blackberry contacts". this will stop SMS's from appearing in the BBM app.
    07-21-10 04:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD