i have a bold 9930 and when i sign into google talk, it works fine initially. But after some time I stop receiving new messages even when i'm still signed in. My gmail chat log shows messages I did not receive on my blackberry while I was signed in on my blackberry. does anyone have this same problem? is there a fix/resolution?
    05-26-12 03:35 PM
    I am gonna move this to Native apps
    mikean23 likes this.
    05-27-12 09:41 PM
    Exact same problem here. Been happening for probably about the last month, but it wasn't even around the time of an app or software update. Was using version 2.5.125 for a while beforehand without issue.
    06-21-12 03:07 PM
  4. T
    It may not be your data connection. As much as I love all the IM programs (google, wlm, yah, aim), I find that they are not consistently reliable. Sometimes they work great, and sometimes I miss messages. Sometimes they stop working at all until I log out and back in. Then, all of a sudden, "Hey, there's my contact online!" as I had been wondering why the contact wasn't online as I had been expecting. Another thing, Windows Live Messenger and the unsupported RIM AIM client have a "Refresh Contact List" menu option. Why is that necessary at all? I don't know, but I find that sometimes it is. Yahoo doesn't have the refresh button and seems to be most reliable.

I'm thinking these phone IM clients (except for BBM) get bumped off the networks rather easily and may still appear like they're online on the handset. I recently started using one of the multi-account IM apps available from AppWorld. I went with Trillan, and it's pretty good. Trillian's server keeps you logged in to all your IM accounts for up to seven days without your even having to have the application running on your phone. When you set up and use the "Suspend" feature Trillian keeps your messenger accounts logged in and will push email notifications to your phone when you get a message. This is great for those low-coverage situations when you might get bumped off the network and saves your battery, too. There are minor bugs, but nothing that seems to impair its reliable performance.
    06-21-12 04:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD