This message was sent to me by several different contacts. Supposedly it might be a virus, but i'm not sure what to make of it. Has anyone else seen this?

"Hello, greetings from RIM (Research In Motion) proprietors of BlackBerry. This message is to inform all of our users, that our servers have recently been really full, so we are asking for your help to fix this problem. We need our active users to re-send this message to everyone on your contact list inorder to confirm our active users that use BlackBerry Messenger, if you do not send this message to all your BlackBerry Messenger contacts then your account will remain inactive with the consequence of losing all your contacts.

We apologize for the inconvenience but this is the only way possible to resolve this problem. Sincerely Research in Motion. For more information visit:
    www_blackberry_com/inactiveusers"
    04-08-10 12:44 PM
    You're not serious right? In case you are serious, No it's not from RIM. I was going to add more and why they wouldn't but no need to.
    04-08-10 12:48 PM
    Its fake. Rim doesn't send out chain broadcast messages. Plus BBM is not a free service, you are paying for it when you pay for BIS. People are getting really annoying with this message and to top things off the f'ing link they are sending around does not even work!!!! Some people shouldnt have a blackberry.
    04-08-10 12:50 PM
    I just got this sent to me. Deffiently a hoax.
    04-08-10 12:50 PM
    Ive gotten it 20+ times. Its retardedly stupid already.
    04-08-10 12:54 PM
    People fall for the stupidest crap.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-10 12:57 PM
    Just got this a bit ago and its not true at all.
    04-08-10 12:58 PM
    I hate chain emails, texts, etc and now its made its way to BBM!! Ugh....but I was definitely iffy about it when I received this message earlier, so I definitely didn't forward it...idk why people are so gullible!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-10 12:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD