So I have real big mixed feelings about this. I absolutely love the new UI with OS6, would love it even more if you could customize the number of home screens. Everything is pretty smooth, and good looking, and oddly the new universal search feature is something I don't touch, much due to it being bing based on VZW. The one thing that bugs me about the whole thing though, is unfortunately the browser. It is actually slower then the old, and while I LOVE the tabbed browsing, everything else about it to me is actually a step backwards. I usually use the browser 90% of the time for articles and forums, and the lack of column view is just an absolute killer, almost to the point where I am thinking of going back to OS5. This OS just needs a faster CPU as I can definately tell the processor is just being overtaxed with this now;
    Can only hope the 'Dakota' will come to VZW with a modern CPU and BB tweaks the browser because I am just noticing more and more bugs as
    Use it, kind of like ri
    Gt now where it is rendering text on new lines for no reason without me being to edit it back.
    /rant
    01-27-11 12:06 AM
    So I have real big mixed feelings about this. I absolutely love the new UI with OS6, would love it even more if you could customize the number of home screens. Everything is pretty smooth, and good looking, and oddly the new universal search feature is something I don't touch, much due to it being bing based on VZW. The one thing that bugs me about the whole thing though, is unfortunately the browser. It is actually slower then the old, and while I LOVE the tabbed browsing, everything else about it to me is actually a step backwards. I usually use the browser 90% of the time for articles and forums, and the lack of column view is just an absolute killer, almost to the point where I am thinking of going back to OS5. This OS just needs a faster CPU as I can definately tell the processor is just being overtaxed with this now;
    Can only hope the 'Dakota' will come to VZW with a modern CPU and BB tweaks the browser because I am just noticing more and more bugs as
    Use it, kind of like ri
    Gt now where it is rendering text on new lines for no reason without me being to edit it back.
    /rant
    Wolf, You can select categories that will appear in the universal search. The good thing is Bing can be removed from the search. I Like the OS, However I would like to see column view on the browser.
    Last edited by princebb; 01-27-11 at 12:20 AM.
    01-27-11 12:14 AM
    Isn't there a opinion forum, if you got opinions keep them to yourself, your just party poopers, the 9650 forum is for people seeking advice on how to fix problems with their 9650...PROBLEMS not OPINIONS...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-11 12:20 AM
    Isn't there a opinion forum, if you got opinions keep them to yourself, your just party poopers, the 9650 forum is for people seeking advice on how to fix problems with their 9650...PROBLEMS not OPINIONS...

Funny thing is, this post itself is an opinion.
    01-27-11 12:25 AM
    No I feel like I'm speaking for a majority of the annoyed, but your assumption my post being an opinion is in fact an opinion of itself, if there's at least one person who agrees with my theory of how the 9650 forum should work then I have succeded, culex, sorry if your opinion does not mean anything

01-27-11 12:29 AM
    I thought a forum was just a forum based on "For discussion surrounding the BlackBerry Bold 9650"...This is my experience with os6 on the 9650.

When I said categories, I meant the home screen 'Favorites', 'Recent', 'Download'; now I noticed that supposedly 6.1 is due to add this feature to customize that, so not really a big issue. My beef right now is just with the browser actually running slower then the OS5 browser and no column view support, with its replacement of text-to-size zoom being sketchy at best and just general bugs with the browser. Like I said, overall I am very impressed with the OS (just wish Verizon would get their hands out of locking in Bing), but the general performance was underwhelming on the browser with an overtaxed CPU and being buggy here and there. If you want to complain about appropriate posting in the right forum, then let me ask the question on how to default Google instead of Bing on the Universal Search and how to speed up the browser outside of disabling Javascript (which I have already done).

PS: I don't mean to sound like I am dogging on the 9650; I actually LOVE the device and wouldn't trade the physical keyboard BB experience for anything. Just having some bad experience with this recent software and it really showed the limit on the CPU, making me realize just why RIM probably kept the browser the way they did in OS5 due to this exact thing. It is reminding me of the problem Motorola and VZW had when they pushed the 2.2 update to the A855 Motorola Droid; it overtaxed the device and actually ran worse then it did with 2.1 and needed a few additional 'updates' to that 2.2 update to help smooth things out.
    Last edited by Wolf-Strong; 01-27-11 at 02:40 AM.
    01-27-11 02:33 AM
    No I feel like I'm speaking for a majority of the annoyed, but your assumption my post being an opinion is in fact an opinion of itself, if there's at least one person who agrees with my theory of how the 9650 forum should work then I have succeded, culex, sorry if your opinion does not mean anything

Here is a fact... "Shmuck".
    01-27-11 05:07 AM

Just like your opinion doesnt mean a damn thing..........

BTW - Oh Fearless Leader of the Annoyed - when did they have that meeting to vote you King?
    Culex316 likes this.
    01-27-11 05:36 AM
    Haha cencorship,

01-27-11 05:53 AM
    I thought a forum was just a forum based on "For discussion surrounding the BlackBerry Bold 9650"...This is my experience with os6 on the 9650.
    Yes, you are correct.
    01-27-11 06:00 AM
    Apart from the rants, I found this thread useful. It sounds like i'll be staying at OS5 for now. OS6.0 I had such high hopes for you. I guess I'll revisit the question of an upgrade again if 6.1 is ever released for the 9650.
    01-27-11 06:20 AM
    Back to the OP... If you're lovin OS 6 but the browser sucks... you're among lots of like minded people. My fix is to install and use Bolt Browser. It renders well, is decently fast and I can actually set the font size to something readable.

That's my opinion, I hope it's not a problem, and I'm sticking to it.
    01-27-11 06:43 AM

And who appointed you to speak for the majority?
    Culex316 likes this.
    01-27-11 07:37 AM
    And who appointed you to speak for the majority?
    I. Did.

lol jk.
    Does bolt actually work well on OS6?
    the only problem id have with it is that I like to use keyboard shortcuts.
    i wish RIM made it possible to edit shortcuts yourself.
    01-27-11 07:41 AM
    I. Did.

lol jk.
    Does bolt actually work well on OS6?
    the only problem id have with it is that I like to use keyboard shortcuts.
    i wish RIM made it possible to edit shortcuts yourself.
    Bolt works great on 6, and it has a page full of keyboard shortcuts. I only use the native browser for OTA junk.
    01-27-11 09:16 AM
    Let's hope for an OS update soon from RIM. I'm sure there were lots of bugs when OS 5 came out, it's been so long i cant remember if any.
    01-27-11 09:23 AM
    Use it, kind of like ri
    /rant

i feel the same. i have tried every os6 on my bold except the newest vzw one and even loaded a hybrid. i find the browser renders full pages better but if i punched in CNN.com - Breaking News, U.S., World, Weather, Entertainment & Video News it brings me to the whole site and not the mobile which takes FOREVER!. the web browser still has a nasty hold up initially when you punch in a website and then images takes forever to download.
    that is among the few things that bothered me. i also hated the drop down menu from the main screen for managing connections, i would always lose the cursor. it is like it is made for a phone with a larger screen.
    when scrolling through emails and texts it seems to take a little bit longer because the animated scroll freezes very slightly and it looks more blotchy than smooth when scrolling.
    the trays do feel like theyre meant for a touchscreen because if i try to scroll fast i end up on another screen.
    i do have to say i love the mms rendering,calendar,quick wifi connecting but thats not enough to make me stay.

i went back to the 5/1030 os for now, i just feel that for a candybar phone like the 9650 os5 is the most productive. when the dakota comes and it has a touchscreen with the keyboard i feel os6 will be awesome! until then i will stick to my column browsing on my 5.
    01-27-11 10:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD