Is there a way to change how often Social Feeds update?

I have a feeling it is killing my battery. I remember when I had a news app on my Bold... It completely destroyed my battery life since it kept checking for news updates throughout the day.
    09-08-10 09:02 PM
    yes but directly from the singular application

set facebook feeds update every 3hours; for twitter every 1 hours; for bbm there is no possibility to decide the time but just if yes/no and the numbers of update; for the rest im clients u can only decide to show or not the feeds update directly from the social feed options!
    flyingsolid likes this.
    09-08-10 09:23 PM
    Interesting... so social feeds just takes the updates from each individual program??? Ok... I thought it was it's own app that was updating everything.
    flyingsolid likes this.
    09-08-10 10:13 PM
    Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see the point of Social Feeds. It's nice to have everything in one place, but if you click on a tweet or FB update, it takes you to the dedicated app anyway but doesn't reset that app count (especially twitter). I thought the point was to replace the dedicated apps with SF, but that's not possible. Can anyone explain it to me?
    09-19-10 07:23 AM
    Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see the point of Social Feeds. It's nice to have everything in one place, but if you click on a tweet or FB update, it takes you to the dedicated app anyway but doesn't reset that app count (especially twitter). I thought the point was to replace the dedicated apps with SF, but that's not possible. Can anyone explain it to me?
    It's basically a shortcut. A lot of people (like me) have no need to constantly reply to posts, so just reading them is enough. It's huge help to me to not have to find and open every app (AIM, Twitter, FB, MSN, gTalk, RSS feeds, etc.) to read all each of them independently. It gives me exactly what I need, all in one place with a single click instead of going into each app manually.

If you're ONLY using Twitter and/or Facebook, then obviously this wouldn't be as big of a deal to you
    09-19-10 07:32 AM
    RSS feeds update very useful. Now I am constantly connected to almost everything.
    09-19-10 09:36 AM
    I wish RIM would work with facebook so we can have the option to disable feeds from games... I don't care about that stuff when on my phone
    09-19-10 10:48 AM
    How do you change the social feed intervals after they have been set?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-10 11:24 AM
    I wish RIM would work with facebook so we can have the option to disable feeds from games... I don't care about that stuff when on my phone
    That crap bothers me too. On your pc, mouseover the notifacation game feed, "mouse over x" then hide app feed. Gotta do it for every damn game tho.

Also, I hate how social feeds notifies me of mu updates on bbm/fb/ms/tw

Wish it was smart enough to know its me and not post the icon at the top of my Blackberry just because I'm listening to a new song!!!

09-22-10 01:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD