i was experiencing lag with my torch and got rid of social feeds cause i thought that what was the culprit and i think it worked, ive been using the phone switching between apps and it seems like the lag is gone. anyone else not using social feeds?
    08-15-10 11:14 AM
    I have been experiencing the same "hangups" as you - also had social feeds enabled with 5 RSS feeds running - I had like 150 stories and no way to tell it to just keep like 24 hours worth - I have turned off all the RSS to see if maybe that will stop the hangups...I'll let you know if it makes any difference.
    08-15-10 04:24 PM
    since i deleted it the phone is running much more smooth. im actually starting to like it
    08-15-10 05:20 PM
    since i deleted it the phone is running much more smooth. im actually starting to like it
    I agree. I did the same thing and I think it makes the phone experience less lag

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-10 05:24 PM
    Time will tell...but I really enjoyed having the RSS feeds on there...I guess I'll have to wait for an update if it is in fact the culprit...kind of sad since this was a major selling point for RIM.
    08-15-10 05:26 PM
    I have no lag and I use the heck out of it. FB, Twitter, and 8 RSS feeds.
    08-25-10 11:57 AM
    I just disabled the automatic refresh! That seemed to work for me!
    08-25-10 12:41 PM
    I'm noticing a slight lag, and I'm thinking it's the Social Feeds ... but I'm loving social feeds too much to diable it.

Wonder if anyone is experiencing the lag with the unofficial update .161. I'm running my phone how i got it from AT&T (didn't wipe / reload the OS).
    08-25-10 01:25 PM
    First thing I did when I got the phone was disable the social feeds app, absolutely useless to me. Never experienced any lag at all.
    08-25-10 01:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD