03-18-11 06:50 AM
26 12
tools
    Anyone knows how to add facebook and twitter to social feeds? All i have is BBM
    11-02-10 11:12 PM
    Anyone knows how to add facebook and twitter to social feeds? All i have is BBM
    All you need to do, is add the facebook and twitter app of choice, and then itl automatically come up in the social feeds appliation for your using pleasure

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-10 12:10 AM
    All you need to do, is add the facebook and twitter app of choice, and then itl automatically come up in the social feeds appliation for your using pleasure

Where's social feeds? I can't see it

11-03-10 12:46 AM
    Run apploader, CHECK OFF those missing apps, click Next, they will be re-added.

11-03-10 01:27 AM
    How do i add twitter to it i have in social only BBM MSN and FB would love to add twitter
    11-03-10 02:06 AM

i have twitter installed it doesn t show up
    11-03-10 02:06 AM
    U have to login on twitter thru social feeds i guess
    11-03-10 02:10 AM
    Go into social feed, go to options, then display and all apps that are compatible with social feed will be listed there just check the ones you want to be running in social feed.

Now you HAVE to use rim made apps to have them work in social feed. RIM has not opened it up to 3rd party app developers so we are stuck using theirs.
    11-03-10 02:32 AM
    Do you guys know if I can use Uber twitter in the social feed rather than the official Twitter which I do not like as much as Uber? Thnx.
    11-03-10 02:54 AM
    Only native RIM apps will work.

11-03-10 02:56 AM
    I'm not seeing Social Feeds or the usual list of apps in the Desktop Software (Maps, VVM, etc.). Am I doing something wrong after the upgrade or did I just forget how?

Edit: Never mind, forgot it was in App Loader not Desktop Manager. Woops.
    Last edited by hammerhand; 11-03-10 at 07:38 AM. Reason: Resolved problem
    11-03-10 07:29 AM
    Social feeds is not showing up in my apploader.
    Does this mean i have to re-install the OS, or is there a shortcut?
    11-03-10 09:25 AM
    what did the trick for me was uninstalling twitter, re downloaded it again, but before signing in on twitter, i ran setup/social networking/twitter, this brought up the app, i wrote down my user and pass. This took me back to the setup networking option but this time twitter had a green check mark on it.
    went to social feeds and there it was......
    hope this helps
    11-03-10 09:33 AM
    what did the trick for me was uninstalling twitter, re downloaded it again, but before signing in on twitter, i ran setup/social networking/twitter, this brought up the app, i wrote down my user and pass. This took me back to the setup networking option but this time twitter had a green check mark on it.
    went to social feeds and there it was......
    hope this helps
    Thanks for your reply, but my issue is that i'm unable to SEE social feeds as a app. I'm just not seeing the icon on my home screen.
    11-03-10 09:59 AM
    Thanks for your reply, but my issue is that i'm unable to SEE social feeds as a app. I'm just not seeing the icon on my home screen.
    that's probably 'cause u didn't mark the social feed's box while doing the update process. I believe it's unmarked by default
    11-03-10 10:21 AM
    that's probably 'cause u didn't mark the social feed's box while doing the update process. I believe it's unmarked by default
    Thanks,

i did not see that during the upgrade. I just installed the OS on my DT and after that, i started DTM and the upgrade on my BB started. Oh wel, i guess i'll have to do that again tonight. Thanks for the info.
    11-03-10 10:29 AM
    I too am having this problem! all i have available on social feeds is BBM. I tried removing social feeds and reloading but nothing different happened. I will now try to remove facebook and twitter, reload, and see what happens.
    11-14-10 03:16 PM
    Redownload FB and Twitter from blackberry's website they will show up then.

11-14-10 03:38 PM
    Eureka! That worked! Thanks ya'll!
    11-14-10 04:19 PM
    Now that all these work we need Skype to be include!
    11-17-10 11:41 AM
    any of you that are using social feeds, do you have OS6? i'm running OS6 on my bold, and apparently it doesn't work. i was wondering if any of you with OS6 had any problems with it?
    11-18-10 03:57 PM
    any of you that are using social feeds, do you have OS6? i'm running OS6 on my bold, and apparently it doesn't work. i was wondering if any of you with OS6 had any problems with it?
    running OS6 with my 9700 and Social Feeds works well!
    I had to reinstall twitter from blackberry even I had the same version installed but twitter was not showing, after reinstall problem is gone.
    11-18-10 04:00 PM
    im running os6 on my bold and i didnt have the option to check social feeds

i have tried this 4 times and it still isnt there.. is there an ota way to add social feeds?
    11-22-10 09:14 AM
    What is the difference between social feeds n news feeds?

03-10-11 10:47 PM
    SocialFeeds lets you view Facebook, Twitter, Myspace, GoogleTalk, BBM etc as well as various RSS news feeds - it's designed as a central place to read your latest alerts, messages and posts. It allows you to cross-post a status which is quite useful if you don't like typing it several times.
    03-11-11 04:40 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD