04-08-11 02:49 PM
58 123
tools
    If it looks nice and new -- it is new. Look: we did it again they will say
    04-06-11 03:49 AM
    I am so excited about the Magnetometer support in 6.1 devices. Nearly all android devices (and iphone) have it since ages...
    Do you really wanna play the game of what platform had first? Lol
    But I agree, I can finally play Need for Speed game I bought for the Storm2 again
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by belfastdispatcher; 04-06-11 at 05:04 AM.
    Harry_Yambag likes this.
    04-06-11 04:59 AM
    Sounds like 2012 will be Blackberry's year if QNX is available then. That would be great.
    04-08-11 08:29 AM
    Apple's iOS UI is by far the worst as someone noted. So unintuitive on the iPad 2 sometimes, even though I'm enjoying it as a whole so far. iOS 5 better bring something better.

Android isn't any better. Widgets are okay and fun to look at but after a while i find they just waste space and resources. yes i know i can just make it one homescreen with some launchers and add only the icons i want, but BBOS with all its flaws is simply laid out and how i want it for a mobile phone.

Add in the speed and upgrades of the new 6.1 phones and im happy to stay with RIM.

I donno why people are dwelling on the term "overhaul" it was the CEO just trying to pitch some upcoming features for its phone line.
    04-08-11 09:27 AM
    Apple's iOS UI is by far the worst as someone noted. So unintuitive on the iPad 2 sometimes, even though I'm enjoying it as a whole so far. iOS 5 better bring something better.
    In general I don't mind ios on my ipad, except for the completely rubbish multitasking and task switching which just seem so clunky, luckily I only tend to use it for one thing at a time or with music playing in the background.
    04-08-11 02:38 PM
    Sounds like 2012 will be Blackberry's year if QNX is available then. That would be great.
    just a quick little question:
    all RIM said was that they'll release qnx in 2012 right? not if early-mid or anything like that, correct?
    04-08-11 02:43 PM
    just a quick little question:
    all RIM said was that they'll release qnx in 2012 right? not if early-mid or anything like that, correct?
    I think I heard early 2012 on the earnings call. But then we saw OS7 on a leaked roadmap for Q4 2011. I don't know which to believe and with 6.1 just launching, I wouldn't expect it until about mid 2012. It's too hard to say right now.
    04-08-11 02:46 PM
    Realistically you can't see them launching anything qnx-based sooner than q2 of 2012, they will have all these 6.1 devices not to mention the 3g/4g playbooks to tide them over until then and you would also expect them to want at least 9 months between 6.1 and 7.
    04-08-11 02:49 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD