here is my q. i like a clean dashboard. id love for all my sms to come through bbm so i can get sms icon off homescreen. but if i get a sms from a new contact,and i have sms icon hidden, will i be able to see this new text via bbm? if not, how can i retrieve this new sms without unhiding messenges or sms icon. i would love to have emailand bbm icons as only unhidden messenging icons.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-09 10:18 AM
    U bet as long as they r linked the notification shows on bbm. But if u have buzzme pro or berrybuzz u will still have to go into the SMS to stop the blinking led, or u can just set SMS to no in those programs!

Edit: Remember this is only for SMS, not MMS, you will still recive MMS normaly. So if you get lots of MMS from your linked contacts then maybe keep the SMS icon docked! I recommend using "mini bar" by jaxjon (See my sig) very fast, no lag, clean and functional, and you can switch quicly between two five icon docks!
    Last edited by motiond; 10-08-09 at 11:28 AM.
    10-08-09 10:59 AM
    I'm new to using BBM. So its possible to use it for SMS? When I hit invite contact, it doesn't have an option for phone number. Is there a way to link SMS to BBM?
    10-08-09 11:17 AM
    I'm new to using BBM. So its possible to use it for SMS? When I hit invite contact, it doesn't have an option for phone number. Is there a way to link SMS to BBM?
    Only if u have the new BBM, and r running OS 5.0 on ur storm!
    10-08-09 11:21 AM
    U bet as long as they r linked the notification shows on bbm. But if u have buzzme pro or berrybuzz u will still have to go into the SMS to stop the blinking led, or u can just set SMS to no in those programs!

I think you missed his question. I believe that he was talking about a NEW contact that he doesn't have in his phone yet. If you get a Text from someone not in your phone or not in your BBM contacts you will have to check it by going to the SMS/MMS app to view it then you can enter that person into your BBM contacts and BBM will handle it from there on.

I too would like to completely get rid of the SMS/MMS app and have everything completely handled by BBM but it can't be done yet. Currently, I have my sms/mms app shoved in the setup folder (unhiden).
    Last edited by gafly; 10-08-09 at 11:26 AM.
    10-08-09 11:24 AM
    To add a contact in BBM who you want to SMS with, just go to add contact, add SMS contact, and start typing their name. It brings up their contact and you add it to your BBM list. Then you can check and send SMS's from BBM. If you add everybody, then you don't have to use the SMS icon if you don't want to.
    10-08-09 11:29 AM
    ...If you add everybody, then you don't have to use the SMS icon if you don't want to.
    I'd love it if there was something a long the lines of "add all mobile contacts" or something option. If there was an option like that I wouldn't have spent an excessive amount of time adding all 150 of my mobile contacts to bbm last night.
    10-08-09 11:32 AM
    Thx gafly, i guess I missed that part.....thats what I get for trying to help!! lol
    10-08-09 11:36 AM
    OK, I just dl BBM5, but am running OS 4.7, so I need OS 5.0. Thats very doable. If I do that will I have the option of selecting a contacts phone number?
    10-08-09 11:50 AM
    U bet, and u will be amazed with ur new phone too!

10-08-09 11:56 AM
    Yeah, I liked OS 5.0.0.230, but didn't like the native SMS app, so I downgraded. BUT if BBM5 solves that problem, then I'll upgrade back to 230 and stay there.
    10-08-09 11:58 AM
    yep sure does, but like I said mms is still separate!

10-08-09 12:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD