10-05-10 11:12 AM
28 12
tools
    I dont use bbm because isnt it the same thing as sms? Everyone I know with a BB I can just text message instead of BBM, I dont get it.
    10-02-10 11:44 AM
    Idontknow where u'r from
    but Sms cost me money
    BBM is free, though faster, and one place to send pictures, voice notes etc.
    Also I like it to see when They read the msg or not. or it if even got dilivered.
    10-02-10 11:46 AM
    No, BBM is an IM messaging service that uses your data plan and can be used internationally without accruing extra charges like SMS does. You can't share files via SMS as you can with BBM.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-10 11:49 AM
    you can see if they read what you sent.
    you can see if they're typing a response.
    you can send a photo/video/voice note.
    you can send internationally without extra fees.
    it makes Blackberries SPECIAL!
    10-02-10 11:54 AM
    No, BBM is an IM messaging service that uses your data plan and can be used internationally without accruing extra charges like SMS does. You can't share files via SMS as you can with BBM.

^This. As well like the one poster stated..with BBM you can tell when your message has been sent (delivered) as well as read. This is useful because there is no guesswork as to whether someone received your message..unlike texting..where you never know if your text got thru.

10-02-10 11:55 AM
    I don't text anyone I know with a BB - it's always email. The people I do text with don't have BBs. I believe there is a way for them to use BBM, but it requires them to login thru CrackBerry, right?

BBM sounds great, but it probably isn't something I can use Am I right with this?
    10-02-10 12:06 PM
    There are also groups, multiperson chats, and broadcast messages.
    10-02-10 12:10 PM
    Kim Kardashian's on BBM.

Nuff' said.
    10-02-10 12:11 PM
    I don't text anyone I know with a BB - it's always email. The people I do text with don't have BBs. I believe there is a way for them to use BBM, but it requires them to login thru CrackBerry, right?

BBM sounds great, but it probably isn't something I can use Am I right with this?
    Umm..no to having to log into Crackberry. Alls you need is your friends (who have BB's) PIN number and they need yours and then you can chat via BBM. Emailing is a MUCH slower mode of chatting with friends imo

10-02-10 12:12 PM
    Rickroller, yeah I get that. My problem is none of my friends have BBs. Only business colleagues have BBs, and almost none of them text.

If BBM isn't useful for communicating with my friends who don't have BBs, maybe I need to pick a better class of friends
    10-02-10 12:19 PM
    No 140 character limit.
    10-02-10 12:29 PM
    No 140 character limit.
    140? My characters-per-sms is 160.
    10-02-10 12:32 PM
    140? My characters-per-sms is 160.
    Lol you'll have to forgive me, I came from a 9630...I think most if not all of the CDMA devices had a 140 instead of 160 character limit.
    10-02-10 12:35 PM
    Rickroller, yeah I get that. My problem is none of my friends have BBs. Only business colleagues have BBs, and almost none of them text.

If BBM isn't useful for communicating with my friends who don't have BBs, maybe I need to pick a better class of friends
    Ahh..my bad I misunderstood lol. I thought you were emailing your friends with BB's instead of using BBM. Its too bad your not getting to experience the full BBM experience..cuz there's a reason why so many ppl can't live without their BBM

10-02-10 12:36 PM
    Its sucks nobody in my cicrle has BBs. They all have iphones and droids. I had to be odd man out.

10-02-10 12:57 PM
    Its sucks nobody in my cicrle has BBs. They all have iphones and droids. I had to be odd man out.

You can get Whatsapp for BB. It's very similiar to BBM but allows you to talk with your iPhone friends (last i heard it was still in Beta for Android but very well may be official now) It's actually really similiar to BBM. You get a checkmark when the message is delivered..and a double checkmark when it's been read. You can also see when they're typing or online etc. It's a free 90 day trial on the BB and then $1.99 per year I believe (the price of a cup of coffee). I'm not sure if iPhone users have to pay for the service or not..but you may want to check it out.
    10-02-10 01:04 PM
    BBM is the only thing BlackBerry has over other phone manufacturers. Period.
    10-02-10 02:32 PM
    pMessenger is another data-only messenging client for all platforms. You can use it like BBM with iPhones and Androids.

10-02-10 02:45 PM
    Idontknow where u'r from
    but Sms cost me money
    BBM is free, though faster, and one place to send pictures, voice notes etc.
    Also I like it to see when They read the msg or not. or it if even got dilivered.
    America, on AT&T, i have unlimited sms and the unlimited blackberry data plan. I had an iphone for a while and I am grandfathered in the unlimited data plan. I just didnt know all the other features that BBM had to offer. Thanks for the info everyone!
    10-03-10 12:20 PM
    BBM is so much faster than texts. Sometimes depending on who my friends are with and the day, there is a lag as to when they receive my message. With BBM, the message is instant and I just love being able to see when they are typing, and whether my message has been delivered or read.
    10-03-10 01:09 PM
    BBM is the only thing BlackBerry has over other phone manufacturers. Period.
    As well as the best qwerty keyboards, push email, and the best over all most efficient messaging.
    10-03-10 01:41 PM
    As well as the best qwerty keyboards, push email, and the best over all most efficient messaging.
    And the ONLY manufacturer that has a phone that has a touch screen, physical keyboard, track pad, and led notification.

10-03-10 02:12 PM
    140 is twitter.. haha
    10-04-10 05:24 PM
    Don't forget that BBM works over wifi, so if you've got no cell signal, but have wifi, you're still connected.

10-04-10 08:03 PM
    America, on AT&T, i have unlimited sms and the unlimited blackberry data plan. I had an iphone for a while and I am grandfathered in the unlimited data plan. I just didnt know all the other features that BBM had to offer. Thanks for the info everyone!
    You have unlimited SMS.. (that's why you don't care about the SMS charge.)
    i don't. i only alot 200 SMS since i don't use it that much.
    if we have to communicate using SMS, you'll be using my SMS limit
    since AT&T counts both sent and receive SMS msgs.

so in addition to every advantage that BBM has over SMS.

here's a different scenario , if you Go outside the US.. and still communicate with me using SMS.. you'll be charged international SMS fee even if you're on a unlimited SMS plan.
    10-04-10 08:09 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD