Can someone tell me why does the simple sms interface is so sluggish as compared the complex bbm one.

with sms, my letters appear very slowly, the screen doesn't press that great. With bbm it is magic as how well it goes.

Anyone has an answer for that?
    11-04-10 05:38 PM
    Same reason the twitter app is faster then the facebook one. They're two different apps. Try clearing out old messages. That makes mine run way faster.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-10 06:11 PM
    i do clear my sms every time i send one to make sure that the app is going to its fastest.

by I mean, aren't both app developped by rim and come stock with the storm2. My point is FB and Twitter are not the same company. My best guest is that Both SMS and BBM app are developped by the same one.

Is there a way to tweak something to allow more ram into sms?
    11-05-10 07:50 AM
    Since you like the BBM interface so much why not add your sms contacts to BBM? Its not strictly limited to only BBM contacts.
    11-05-10 01:18 PM
    Even with the contact added to BBM, it "shells" out to the SMS application to send and read messages. I wish it did not, but it does.
    11-05-10 02:15 PM
    It's a known issue that ever since RIM changed the interface on the SMS app to be threaded via some doctored BBM code it's been wacky. This is part of what you're seeing... buggy code... there's nothing you can do about it without a better OS version.
    11-05-10 03:51 PM
    Since you like the BBM interface so much why not add your sms contacts to BBM? Its not strictly limited to only BBM contacts.
    Do you have to do that manually or is there some way to import your sms contacts all at once?
    11-05-10 09:58 PM
    1 at a time.
    11-05-10 09:59 PM
    That's what I thought......BBM doesn't handle mms too does it?
    11-05-10 10:18 PM
    Check out crunchSMS that will solve ur issues

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-10 12:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD