Sorry if this has been talked about before but I searched and couldn't find anything. Was just wondering if SMS texts from other people with Blackberrys are supposed to show up in BBM? Just noticed this tonight cause of the BBM outage. Every text that comes from a non-BB goes into the SMS and MMS app but ones from BBs go into my BBM app. Thanks.
    12-22-09 11:19 PM
    people that you have on your BBM list, which also have a phone number for, will do this. any SMS you get from a BBM friend will show up in your BBM list by default and also in your SMS. folder. but this is only for BBM and SMS contacts only. anyone else will just come delivered into your SMS folder.
    12-23-09 05:30 AM
    Thanks for the info
    12-23-09 10:19 AM
    is there a way to stop this from happening??
    i know it wasnt doing that with my old .33
    12-23-09 12:23 PM
    is there a way to stop this from happening??
    i know it wasnt doing that with my old .33
    RIGHT?! I totally hate it.
    12-23-09 01:28 PM
    unlink these contacts
    12-23-09 01:35 PM
    please explain? you mean to remove the pin info from the contacts address book?

i read that someone tried that before and once the phone restarted it auto copied everything back. is this true?
    12-23-09 01:49 PM
    just checked the other thread and here is the resolution. in my storm 9530 os5.0.0.419, bbm 5.0.0.57 it says "remove contacts link"

When in BBM, highlight your contact and click the menu button. You will then be able to scroll to the option "unlink contact". That will separate the messages.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by BlackCRX; 12-23-09 at 01:57 PM.
    12-23-09 01:53 PM
    Yea, but I want to have the OPTION to choose whether or not I want to sms or bbm them. I don't want to rid of those contacts completely, i just want bbm messages and sms messages to be seperate in general. is there a way for that?
    12-23-09 02:02 PM
    Yea, but I want to have the OPTION to choose whether or not I want to sms or bbm them. I don't want to rid of those contacts completely, i just want bbm messages and sms messages to be seperate in general. is there a way for that?
    that is exactly what "remove contact link" does
    i just tested this with my storm

open you contact address book, look up a friend with a PIN#
    now go to the same friend in BBM, highlight thier name, menu, remove contact link
    now go back to the address book and look up the same person, you will not notice that the name and all other contact info is still there, but not the pin info
    12-23-09 02:18 PM
    ok so i was having the same issue so i unlinked my contact and sure it worked. My SMS and BBM were separated just like i wanted which was great, but now her profile their profile pics aren't showing up which is annoying. Any suggestions?
    05-20-10 10:02 PM
    ok so i was having the same issue so i unlinked my contact and sure it worked. My SMS and BBM were separated just like i wanted which was great, but now her profile their profile pics aren't showing up which is annoying. Any suggestions?
    I have the same problem. I prefer to have all my bbm contacts with picture icons so i'll just "suffer" through it lol and have the linked sms texts show in bbm
    07-12-10 09:16 PM
    Here try this...open bbm. hit bb key>options>uncheck the box that says "show texts messages from contacts linked with blackberry contacts". That should do it.
    07-12-10 09:23 PM
    Here try this...open bbm. hit bb key>options>uncheck the box that says "show texts messages from contacts linked with blackberry contacts". That should do it.
    I tried looking for an option like that but my phone doesn't have it. I did exactly what you said...

Your saying their is an option that says exactly what you have in the quotation marks? "show texts messages from contacts linked with blackberry contacts"
    07-12-10 09:31 PM
    Yup..the version I am running has that option box. Unchecking it seperates your bbm messages and texts from contacts you have....weird you do not have that option. What version are u running?
    07-12-10 09:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD