Does BBM need to be installed on .230 in order to use SMS? If I un-install BBM 5.0 I can no longer use my SMS. It gives me an UnCaught Error Exception popup each time.

I think this may of happened because at first I imported all my contacts into BBM, and sent text messages through BBM. Then in an attempt to free up some memory, I then un-installed BBM and the problem started happening after that.

Anybody know a fix for this problem?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-09 05:55 PM
    Never uninstalled BBM5 so cant say from experience, but what i would do is reinstall BBM and go in and delete all of your SMS contacts in there. go ahead and uninstall BBM if you want and give it a battery pull for good measure. let me know if it works out for ya
    10-20-09 06:07 PM
    Tried that before I posted this thread. I deleted all my SMS messages and everything from BBM but had no luck.

10-20-09 06:09 PM
    SMS on .230 is threaded SMS - its aweomse
    10-20-09 06:53 PM
    I think everybody is aware of that already smittyj77. Still would love some help with my problem...

10-20-09 07:20 PM
    Same thing happened to me, funny thing is I left BBM unchecked in the initial install and it still installed. I just reinstalled and left it, will wait and see if Official has the same issue or not. Or if anyone else knows of a solution, feel free to chime in..
    10-25-09 10:49 AM
    i hope this works for me, too.
    10-25-09 04:22 PM
    Why did you uninstall BBM 5.0? Do you not use it?
    10-25-09 04:42 PM
    I never use BBM. All my friends are on iChat & gChat.

10-25-09 05:35 PM
    I got my storm 11-28 and deleted BBM two or three weeks later after I found out on crackberry that it is not part of the operating system and no harm would result. Have never had a problem with sms on any os and I have done them all from .90 to the current .323 minus .191. I would be surprised if just you not having BBM is the problem.
    10-25-09 06:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD