I have BB 8900 on OS 5.0.0.314 which is running very good. I have the BBM 5.0. Last night (out of about over a month) was the first time I've seen SMS message with mobile icon in BBM! Has this happened to you as well? How do I change the option of NOT having sms shown in bbm? I prefer sms shown in message list only. Please help?!
    11-20-09 01:21 PM
    Sounds like a BETA OS Forum question to me.
    11-20-09 03:30 PM
    if you linked BBM contacts with your phone contacts this will happen...
    11-20-09 03:35 PM
    Yeah see if u go to ur BBM Messenger contact and BB Button>Remove Contacts Link and do this for all ur contacts, then u will stop getting SMS from those contacts in ur BBM... I hated this aswell.
    11-20-09 03:42 PM
    Sounds like a BETA OS Forum question to me.
    nooooooo its a BBM 5.0 feature, belongs in the Native Apps forum.
    11-20-09 03:57 PM
    Maybe its something that needs to be fixed before 5.0 is official

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-09 04:45 PM
    nooooooo its a BBM 5.0 feature, belongs in the Native Apps forum.
    Wow... so we both agree it does not belong here... but it might actually be a BETA OS 5.0 integration issue with the new BBM 5.0... so maybe it belongs in both BETA OS and Native Apps forums.
    11-20-09 07:14 PM
    Wow... so we both agree it does not belong here... but it might actually be a BETA OS 5.0 integration issue with the new BBM 5.0... so maybe it belongs in both BETA OS and Native Apps forums.
    im pretty sure its a BBM 5.0 feature, not an OS 5.0 feature. the new BBM allows for BBM contacts' SMS's to be shown in BBM as if it was a BBM not an SMS. i can see why they made that feature. someone on BBM 5.0 and running 4.6/4.7 OS let us know.
    11-20-09 07:56 PM
    Yeah see if u go to ur BBM Messenger contact and BB Button>Remove Contacts Link and do this for all ur contacts, then u will stop getting SMS from those contacts in ur BBM... I hated this aswell.
    I did the "remove contacts link". It works - no sms in bbm!! BUT the con is that it removes the PIN from the contact info in the address book.

RIM - please give me option of NOT having sms in bbm, while keeping the PIN in the address book!!
    11-21-09 08:49 AM
    Interesting, I've NEVER had my sms show up in bbm. Then again my bbm messages do show up in my regular message list (which I love) but have never seen my sms in my bbm screen.

11-21-09 05:05 PM
    Interesting, I've NEVER had my sms show up in bbm. Then again my bbm messages do show up in my regular message list (which I love) but have never seen my sms in my bbm screen.

if u have a BBM contacts PIN saved in your phone book with their phone number, anytime they send u an sms, it will show it in your BBM list, not your SMS folder.
    11-21-09 06:41 PM
    I did the "remove contacts link". It works - no sms in bbm!! BUT the con is that it removes the PIN from the contact info in the address book.

RIM - please give me option of NOT having sms in bbm, while keeping the PIN in the address book!!
    All u do after that is go into ur BBM get the contacts PIN and add it to the contact in ur address book... dont worry that wont reconnect them to ur BB Messenger.
    11-21-09 07:54 PM
    im pretty sure its a BBM 5.0 feature, not an OS 5.0 feature. the new BBM allows for BBM contacts' SMS's to be shown in BBM as if it was a BBM not an SMS. i can see why they made that feature. someone on BBM 5.0 and running 4.6/4.7 OS let us know.
    You have to have OS 5 for BBM 5 to show your SMS chats in BBM. I had BBM 5 on the Pearl 8130 and had no SMS linking until I upgraded to the 8900 and got the leaked OS 5.
    11-22-09 02:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD