Since upgrading to OS 5.0 and BBM 5.0, if I have a contact in my BBM and have an SMS conversation with them, it will show up in the BBM application. I have been through all options but cannot find where to get it so it will keep them seperate. Is there a way to do this?

Running OS 5.0.0.328 on Storm I

thanks
    11-16-09 11:45 AM
    I don't have OS 5.0 yet, but I think what you are seeing is Threaded SMS, which looks like a BBM conversation. It's a new feature of OS 5.0.
    11-16-09 11:51 AM
    yeah i wish i could remove that as well. i dont like to see it in the BBM
    11-16-09 11:59 AM
    You linked your BBM contacts with a phone contact, remove the link and this wont happen.
    11-16-09 12:13 PM
    Since upgrading to OS 5.0 and BBM 5.0, if I have a contact in my BBM and have an SMS conversation with them, it will show up in the BBM application. I have been through all options but cannot find where to get it so it will keep them seperate. Is there a way to do this?

Running OS 5.0.0.328 on Storm I

thanks
    Maybe this is a dumb question, but if you have the person as a BBM Contact, why are you texting with them? Wouldn't you just chat with them using BBM instead of paying for texts?
    11-16-09 12:18 PM
    JeffH - I think I know the difference between a BBM conversation and threaded SMS.

Bodberry - If someone sends me a text I am going too reply to the text message and not send them a new message using the messenger. also, there are times when the BBM will not send the messages in time, it sits with the clock icon because it won't connect to the blackberry servers. That is why I text as well and I have unlimited texting so it does not cost me any extra.

howarmat - I was going to remove the link before but it says doing that will remove their PIN # from my address book and I don't want to do that incase I have to re-add them later. is there anyother way to do correct this then to remove their pin # from contacts?

thanks
    11-16-09 12:46 PM
    I have had the same thing ... I just end the sms chat and tell them they have a blackberry for a reason.
    11-16-09 12:50 PM
    I have had the same thing ... I just end the sms chat and tell them they have a blackberry for a reason.
    That is kind of what I was thinking. If one of my BBM contacts texts me I close the sms thread and message them using BBM. I haven't had any server problems up to this point. Of course I do not have unlimited texts so I really pay attention to this kind of thing.
    11-17-09 09:13 AM

howarmat - I was going to remove the link before but it says doing that will remove their PIN # from my address book and I don't want to do that incase I have to re-add them later. is there anyother way to do correct this then to remove their pin # from contacts?

thanks
    I think the only way is to remove the link. If you want to save their PIN#, then save it in another field in the contacts page (address, or whatever). Then when you remove the link, the PIN field will clear, but your other fields will not.
    11-17-09 09:55 AM
    Vaman20147 I stopped using PIN's for adding people to BBM. People are constantly changing their devices which changes their PIN. I'm in the habit of using their email to add them to my BBM contacts. If it bothers you enough remove the link and their PIN and make sure you keep their email saved in your contacts. I think this solves your combined sms/bbm messages and gives you the option to re-add them later into bbm if something happens.
    11-17-09 01:18 PM
    Its the option in bbm where it says "show chats in messenger" uncheck that box and u should be good

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-09 02:47 PM
    Its the option in bbm where it says "show chats in messenger" uncheck that box and u should be good

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    that is a completely different setting you are talking about. That deals with the BBM chats showing in the "messages" folder
    11-17-09 02:52 PM
    that is a completely different setting you are talking about. That deals with the BBM chats showing in the "messages" folder
    Would you mind posting the correct way to unlink them then?
    11-17-09 05:34 PM
    BB>remove contact link
    11-17-09 05:57 PM
    BB>remove contact link
    lol damn. this guy know everything!!
    thank you sir for all your answers =]
    11-18-09 03:25 PM
    Looks like i will have to remove the link and then save their pin in another field. thanks for all your help everyone
    11-18-09 11:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD