hey, if anyone can help...

whenever a friend of mine, who also has a blackberry storm and blackberry messenger, sends me a text message, it goes straight into my blackberry messenger folder and i receive it as a blackberry message instead as a SMS message. it is really really annoying. i checked around my phone and his phone and i cannot find anything in any option that could change the settings at all. when i text him he receives it as a SMS so it is really weird that it keeps doing that. if anyabody can help, that would be appreciated. thanks!
    02-04-10 09:14 PM
    Its because your friends contact is interheated with Bbm and his phone #. You have to remove that. I got some friends that have bbm also and I have my contact list listed with there phone # and there pin #. Let me take a guess when you receive a txt the symbol is not a check mark its a rectangular box that shaded out half way right?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-10 09:26 PM
    Yeah I had that happen too. Just go to their name in bbm, hit menu and select delete contacts link.

02-04-10 09:37 PM
    +1 for cherry pye. In bbm highlight the contact then menu> unlink contact.

02-04-10 09:51 PM
    ok so it works now...
    thank you all by the way.
    now, does anyone know how to use a profile picture for that contact if the bbm profile isn't linked with the blackberry contact? because it doesn't show the picture anymore and it doesn't give a an option to change picture without linking it with bb contact.
    02-04-10 10:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD