When i send a SMS text to certain contact it shows up in BBM and vice versa. I essentially have the same conversation going on simultaneously in SMS and BBM. I can't seem to separate the two...

Does this happen to anyone else?
    12-07-09 09:57 PM
    I have the same thing. Still haven't found the setting to seperate them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-09 10:02 PM
    You have to unlink your contact. Store the pin in your address book in "other" to unlink the contact from your address book.

12-08-09 01:07 AM
    Go into BBM> Highlight (don't click) the contact that's giving you issues> Hit BB button> Scroll to "Remove Contacts Link" and select it.
    12-08-09 02:46 AM
    Be aware, though, that after you unlink the contact, the conversation will still appear in both BBM and the SMS and MMS folder, until you "End Chat", which will delete the entire conversation (in SMS and MMS as well as BBM)...
    12-08-09 03:46 AM
    Be aware, though, that after you unlink the contact, the conversation will still appear in both BBM and the SMS and MMS folder, until you "End Chat", which will delete the entire conversation (in SMS and MMS as well as BBM)...
    Hmm ill try this and see how it works out... it doesn't make sense though becuz I have other bbm contacts that r linked to the address book but don't do the sms thing...

12-08-09 07:00 AM
    Hmm ill try this and see how it works out... it doesn't make sense though becuz I have other bbm contacts that r linked to the address book but don't do the sms thing...

Just to be clear, this should only happen when you are having a conversation via SMS with someone who is also a BBM contact, in which case, why would you use SMS, when you can use BBM?
    12-08-09 07:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD