Hi everyone,

This is my first post here and I need some insight. First I want to say I love this forum and I have trolled around for a couple years and found great tips and fixes for my 8830 and 9530.

Here's the thing every once in a while (3x in the last 30mins, very odd) my tour alerts me to a sms or bbm but there is no message on my phone???? not in the bbm screen, sms inbox, message inbox...I have changed the alerts so they are now different to narrow the problem down and I am waiting for it to happen again....Has this happened to anyone else out there? do you know what the problem is? how do I fix it???

I am on telus and they say there is no network problem or backed up msgs in their system....I've tried rebooting...wipes...nothing..also I have no other apps or games installed anymore.

Please help!
    11-16-09 07:35 PM
    hmmm weird... I know that if you dont back up from your last sms back onto the main sms screen then your new sms icon will not appear on the top. and if someone on your bbm texts you it will show up on sms and bbm....this confused me the first couple of times.... This is on OS 5.0 though not sure what u are running..
    11-16-09 07:58 PM
    i am running 4.7...its pretty frustrating cause I dont know if someone is actually sending me something or if its a hardware issue...anyone else experience this type of issue?
    11-16-09 08:38 PM
    do you have buzz me pro?
    11-16-09 09:27 PM
    When you get these audible alerts, do you get any icons or visual alerts? Have you checked browser alerts and BBM alerts (different from BBM New Message alerts)?
    11-16-09 10:13 PM
    Are you sure they are actual SMS and Msgr messages? I ask because if you have your alerts set to the same tone - it will sound like you have a msg but its really an alert for something else. (like someone sending you an add request, etc)
    Worth a shot to check and see what else you have set to sound like that.
    11-16-09 10:31 PM
    I hear there's a national outage for the internet..maybe this has something to do with it?
    11-16-09 11:02 PM
    do you have buzz me pro?
    thanks for all the replies. I dont have that...what is it?

When you get these audible alerts, do you get any icons or visual alerts? Have you checked browser alerts and BBM alerts (different from BBM New Message alerts)?
    No icons no visuals, i checked my other alerts and they all have differnt tones

Are you sure they are actual SMS and Msgr messages? I ask because if you have your alerts set to the same tone - it will sound like you have a msg but its really an alert for something else. (like someone sending you an add request, etc)
    Worth a shot to check and see what else you have set to sound like that.
    I've checked them all, still no luck

I hear there's a national outage for the internet..maybe this has something to do with it?
    All my functions seem to be ok...that does suck though...maybe my issue is a hardware one..? I think I might be going ocd here but its annoying me lol
    11-17-09 02:29 AM
    I have a similar issue from time to time but in my case I'll eventually get a message. What happens to me is the alert will sound anywhere from 5 to 15 seconds before the message shows up. It's odd because this never happened up until about a week ago.
    11-17-09 06:02 AM
    Happens to me occasionally as well.

Definite software Glitch.

Al
    11-17-09 10:44 AM
    I have a similar issue from time to time but in my case I'll eventually get a message. What happens to me is the alert will sound anywhere from 5 to 15 seconds before the message shows up. It's odd because this never happened up until about a week ago.
    At least you end up with a message, lol...still i wonder what is the root cause??

Happens to me occasionally as well.

Definite software Glitch.

Al
    I may upgrade my OS to see if it corrects the issue...(knocks on wood)
    11-17-09 07:39 PM
    I'm actually having the same problem today but with new facebook notifications and i dont have any new messages. I just posted a new thread for assistance with this issue.
    11-17-09 11:03 PM
    Mine happens to me when I switch signal.
    (I also have buzzme pro though)
    If I got from 1XEV to 1X or vice versa,
    my phone vibrates and the disco light goes off.
    Is this what you're experiencing? Or is there noise too?
    Because I don't get any noise with mine...
    11-17-09 11:16 PM
    hmmm...i never thought to check the type of service I am getting when this happens...i will keep an eye on that. My phone will give me an audible alert w/ led lights going off but no msg to be found....hasn't happened in a couple of days know.
    11-20-09 01:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD