Edit:

Figured it out
    if you have a contact in BBM that you also have a phone number and what not for, you have to remove the blackberry contact link and the sms's will not show up with your instant message convos
    the only problem is if they dont have an avatar selected you dont have a pic for them anymore unless you make a new contact just with their pin and you pick the picture yourself
    Last edited by ZiggSVO; 10-08-09 at 09:38 AM.
    10-08-09 02:43 AM
    Does all sms come to the new bbm also? I saw the feature where I can add a sms contact but was not sure if that means they had to have a bb?
    10-08-09 05:43 AM
    is there any way to get the sms messages to not show up in bbm 5.0?
    yeah don't add them to bbm
    10-08-09 05:46 AM
    How do you add a SMS contact?
    10-08-09 06:52 AM
    yeah don't add them to bbm
    What I dont get is , sms chat conversations have been merged in with PIN converstions of the same contact.

I would like to know how to seperate the convos, so I ONLY see pin convos of that contact.
    10-08-09 07:03 AM
    i think this feature is missing in mine,.. and i want it?

im using a hybrid os for my 8900.. maybe thats why.
    10-08-09 07:25 AM
    i think this feature is missing in mine,.. and i want it?

im using a hybrid os for my 8900.. maybe thats why.
    I'm using OS 5.0 on my 8900
    10-08-09 07:32 AM
    sms only works thru bbm if ur are running bbm 5.0+ an os 5.0 or higher
    10-08-09 08:00 AM
    sms only works thru bbm if ur are running bbm 5.0+ an os 5.0 or higher
    Which 5.0 r u running????

I am on .53 and am debating upgrading to 5.0.230, but want to make sure that I was able to utilize the SMS feature.

Thanks so much.
    10-08-09 08:34 AM
    What I dont get is , sms chat conversations have been merged in with PIN converstions of the same contact.

I would like to know how to seperate the convos, so I ONLY see pin convos of that contact.
    and this is what i'm trying to avoid lol
    when i get a text message from a contact on bbm and it mixes in with the chat on bbm

trying to get the sms from a bbm out of the bbm chat bubble
    10-08-09 08:59 AM
    Which 5.0 r u running????

I am on .53 and am debating upgrading to 5.0.230, but want to make sure that I was able to utilize the SMS feature.

Thanks so much.
    and i'm running that version os hybridized and it works flawlessly
    10-08-09 09:00 AM
    Figured it out
    if you have a contact in BBM that you also have a phone number and what not for, you have to remove the blackberry contact link and the sms's will not show up with your instant message convos
    the only problem is if they dont have an avatar selected you dont have a pic for them anymore unless you make a new contact just with their pin and you pick the picture yourself
    10-08-09 09:30 AM
    Figured it out
    If I could reach you using bbm , why bother composing sms text ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-09 10:53 AM
    If I could reach you using bbm , why bother composing sms text ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    for those uncertain times that bbm has a seizure and doesnt work right...
    also its easier for some people to forwad a text message to someone than to copy and paste or type it all out
    10-08-09 01:06 PM
    Figured it out

Oh i see...man thats kind of lame. There should be an option to say seperate sms from pin convo. Its cluttered up my chat list now. Now I have to double check im sending a sms or pin reply.

The whole point me me saving pins under contacts in address book is so that if ever my pin contacts are deleted by mistake I can easily add them again.

So now I have to have duplicate contacts in address book, just so I can have seperate convo threads.
    Last edited by The Gift; 10-12-09 at 06:56 AM.
    10-12-09 06:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD