I've updated my BBM to the latest 5.0, and now I get SMS texts showing up in BBM. If I text and BBM the same person, I have two different conversations showing up under BBM. It's craziness.

How the heck do I stop this?

Hahaha.. I've been through the menus and can't find an option anywhere to stop this madness.
    11-18-09 01:38 AM
    Had the same problems, go into bbm and select contact , you get the option to link to blackberry contact or remove link, you need to remove link.

It basically go's through your phone book and anyone in your phone book that has a pin number that matches a BBM contact pin number it links them together.

Guess some like it but I found it a pain in the a... to.
    11-18-09 08:44 AM
    I think it is a really cool option my self!!!!

Chris
    11-18-09 08:46 AM
    Please explain the point of texting and bbming the same contact?
    11-18-09 08:58 AM
    Please explain the point of texting and bbming the same contact?
    that's what I was thinking...
    11-18-09 09:00 AM
    I don't do it... but sometimes other people do it. Especially when getting texted out of the country vs using data (bbm).

Texting is usually cheaper.
    11-18-09 10:55 AM
    ok it is definitely a bug not a feature.

or maybe both because right now i just got a text message and it showed up as a bbm and it combined two Completely different contacts, different names, numbers, carriers, one of them doesnt even have bbm! lol

EDIT: ok nvm somehow my other friend's pin was part of her contact card lol woops!~
    11-18-09 11:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD