Hello,

I just updated my Blackberry Tour to the latest OS (v5.0.0.591). I have a huge problem with my sms messages showing up in my Blackberry Messenger. When I sms a contact that is also added to my Blackberry Messenger, the sms messages appear under "Chat." Ok thats fine...BUT when I go to end the chat on the sms conversation, it asks me to delete all messages in chat. SO if I choose yes, I also delete ALL sms messages that I've ever received from that contact. I also noticed that those same contacts that are added to my Blackberry Messenger, when they send me an sms message, it does not show up in the main message list...only the Blackberry Messenger. This is really urking the he!! out of me . Someone please help!!!
    05-22-10 04:22 PM
    Highlight BBM Contact
    Menu
    Remove Contacts Link

Keeps SMS and BBMs separate.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-10 04:32 PM
    Chrisy....THANK YOU SO EFFIN MUCH!!! that was driving me NUTS!!! It didn't even make any sense why they did that for the new OS.
    05-22-10 05:34 PM
    You're welcome. i don't like my SMSs going into BBM either

05-22-10 05:48 PM
    Here's a question I ask everybody with this issue: why would you be bothering with sms for contacts who have bbm?

05-22-10 06:29 PM
    i wouldn't normally. However there are times BBM is down or i don't have data service. Then i send an SMS. This happened two nights ago.

05-22-10 06:34 PM
    Ok, I guess that's a valid point, since I've done that myself on the rare occasions bbm is down now that you mention it.

I guess I sort of like it that way, but at least there's a way to shut it off.

05-22-10 06:51 PM
    @sand_man...

To answer your question, I never really thought of it like that but I guess what it is, is that sometimes I want to be engaged in a continuous conversation and sometimes I don't. I think sms allows some time before responding and such.
    05-22-10 10:59 PM
    @sand_man...

To answer your question, I never really thought of it like that but I guess what it is, is that sometimes I want to be engaged in a continuous conversation and sometimes I don't. I think sms allows some time before responding and such.
    I don't understand that, I guess. In my experience both types of messages get sent/delivered nearly instantaneously. Unless you mean with BBM's delivered/read indicators it might obligate you to reply sooner?

05-23-10 12:14 AM
    @ sand_man...

Its kinda of like comparing (sitting at a computer) emailing versus IM'ing. To me, using blackberry messenger is engaging in a fluid conversation. Its the same for sms messages BUT...I feel less obligated to reply right away, engage in a continuous conversation, etc. I guess to each's own.
    05-23-10 04:24 PM
    Highlight BBM Contact
    Menu
    Remove Contacts Link

Keeps SMS and BBMs separate.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.

That has been driving me absolutely insane.

THANK

YOU!
    05-23-10 07:57 PM
    Thank you for this post. I have been having the damnest time trying to figure out why my SMS messages were going directly to BB Messenger. This was most helpful.
    05-24-10 12:02 AM
    I have only seen this a few times, at least now I know how to get rid of it
    05-24-10 02:33 AM
    Aside of BBMs being down, sometimes my friends send mass texts that include me. Also, I have a friend who always texts me when she's drunk. She always forgets that I have BBM.

Although I do like when Facebook links to the contact then the contact links to the Messenger Contact so their picture comes up in BBM but I have to agree that it drives me crazy when SMS show up in BBM.
    05-24-10 09:08 PM
    Hello,

I just updated my Blackberry Tour to the latest OS (v5.0.0.591). I have a huge problem with my sms messages showing up in my Blackberry Messenger. When I sms a contact that is also added to my Blackberry Messenger, the sms messages appear under "Chat." Ok thats fine...BUT when I go to end the chat on the sms conversation, it asks me to delete all messages in chat. SO if I choose yes, I also delete ALL sms messages that I've ever received from that contact. I also noticed that those same contacts that are added to my Blackberry Messenger, when they send me an sms message, it does not show up in the main message list...only the Blackberry Messenger. This is really urking the he!! out of me . Someone please help!!!
    the only problem with "unlinking" is if you have them linked to Facebook or have a picture saved in contacts it will also unlink that and change their icon back to generic blank, if that is not a big thing than don't worry, I personally want the icons and FB integration without the interference from sms!
    06-12-10 01:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD