Has anyone tried both? Pros & cons of each, which do you prefer, and for those with w/ Blackberry Protect beta, how does this add up? ?:-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-10 12:47 PM
    When will protect be available?

08-06-10 09:41 PM
    Wish I had BlackBerry Protect Beta lol.
    08-07-10 12:54 AM
    Just posted in bb native apps about bb protect, any idea on the release date?
    08-08-10 09:37 PM
    I have no idea about the release date of bb protect but I would like to recommend smrtguard.

I tested smrtguard using another sim card and the moment I switched on my bb, it immediately sends a text to my dad's phone.

Would highly recommend, it also shows you your location on request.

Excellent app!

08-09-10 05:10 AM
    I can tell you that LookOut does not work! It said that several of my apps were "viruses" when they clearly were not. With so many false positives I gave up on it because it is too untrustworthy. Also, I could never get the "find my phone" feature working...it never gave me an accurate location reading of where my device was. Overall Lookout is a fairly useless app.

I would not bother with LookOut. I have not tried SmartGuard yet.
    08-09-10 10:24 AM
    the problem with smrtguard is the subscription, I think it is over priced for my needs.
    08-09-10 12:16 PM
    Without a doubt, Lookout is my first choice. SmrtGuard is a good app, but the battery drain is terrible compared to Lookout. In the past month, lookout has released 3 updates to improve battery life and other small fixes. SmrtGuard hasn't. The website for lookout is much easier to navigate as well.
    Two thumbs up for lookout.
    08-09-10 12:21 PM
    I don't care about Lookout anti virus. AV on a BB is like putting on a condom before using an inflatable love doll.

I was a loyal SG user for a long time, but they lost me when their audio ping (scream on Lookout) function stopped working on medium and loud profiles.

Lookout's free backup function is very cool, too.

SmrtGuard still wins for cleaner user interface, and I like the way it uses email instead of SMS to avoid data charges. It also auto-deletes the messages sent from its website.

08-09-10 12:31 PM
    Lookout is nice and useful for the average user and seems to be fine for me. No subscription service is a plus.
    08-10-10 03:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD