I just recently got a BB Curve 8900 and upgraded to BBM 5.0. It works fantastic except that once in awhile, it won't let me type in the text box. I can click on the emoticons, but I can't type. I have to keep ending the chat and restarting, which is getting pretty frustrating.

Any ideas why it's doing this and what can be done to fix it?

Thanks in advance.
    12-01-09 11:36 AM
    Try a Battery Pull: Leave your device on, pull the battery for 20 seconds, put the battery back in and wait for your device to boot up.
    12-01-09 12:08 PM
    This happens on my device also. Haven't figured out the cause or solution to this as yet. But ending the convo and starting it again seems to fix it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-09 05:00 PM
    It's unbelievable how many threads there are here about this problem. Nobody seems to search around here.

I've never had this problem, but my suggestion has been that older versions of Quicklaunch (previous to 2.15) with a BBM shortcut added to the menu caused issues with BBM. If you don't have QL installed then it sounds like a memory issue.
    12-03-09 01:45 PM
    I'm having the same problem as well with BBM 5.0 with my 8900. BUT, it's not that you can't type. You can type and if you hit Enter, your message will be sent. The problem is that you can't see what you're typing. I have been doing battery pulls every time this happens because I don't want to delete my chats.
    12-03-09 08:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD