So I am new to OS6, just upgraded tonight. I noticed one thing that I hope is a user preference somewhere. In OS5, if you clicked the blackberry button while in the home screen, it would automatically open the larger screen with all the apps.

In OS6, you have to click the button, then select open tray. Seems minor, but its a big annoyance for me. Is there hope?
    01-25-11 11:03 PM
    So I am new to OS6, just upgraded tonight. I noticed one thing that I hope is a user preference somewhere. In OS5, if you clicked the blackberry button while in the home screen, it would automatically open the larger screen with all the apps.

In OS6, you have to click the button, then select open tray. Seems minor, but its a big annoyance for me. Is there hope?
    Nah, just run your finger down on the trackpad and it will open it up for you.
    01-25-11 11:06 PM
    No, you can just click the trackpad on the pane to open up whatever tray you're on.
    01-25-11 11:10 PM
    Or just double click the BB button quick to bring it up.
    bodeb, cbreze, Nojo73 and 1 others like this.
    01-25-11 11:23 PM
    No, you can just click the trackpad on the pane to open up whatever tray you're on.
    Yep, that works too if you want to use those silly trays...
    01-25-11 11:24 PM
    Thanks, learn something new every day!
    01-25-11 11:25 PM
    Thank you!
    01-25-11 11:26 PM
    I didn't know about this either. awesome, thanks for the tip.
    01-25-11 11:34 PM
    Yep, that works too if you want to use those silly trays...
    we have a choice? (other than reverting back to 5)... I really dislike them.
    01-25-11 11:47 PM
    Unfortunately, we don't have any other options at this time. Once themes become available we can get rid of them though. It seems like we'll have an option to select or omit them with OS 6.1, but we have no idea when we'll see that software.
    01-25-11 11:58 PM
    There's no choice with the trays in BB6. You should check out upcoming themes when TB 6 is released. I understand that in BB 6.1 you'll be able to manage your trays.
    01-25-11 11:58 PM
    Off topic but still a silly question, any thought to why the theme isn't remembering the settings after a reboot? I moved all the VZ icons I never used, moved all the icons around, had to reboot, and they all went back to the defaults.
    01-26-11 12:01 AM
    I guess I'll have to wait for that
    01-26-11 12:02 AM
    Off topic but still a silly question, any thought to why the theme isn't remembering the settings after a reboot? I moved all the VZ icons I never used, moved all the icons around, had to reboot, and they all went back to the defaults.
    I am having this problem with my email accounts (6 of them) they dont stay where I put them... Even when just moving around to other screens, not just a reboot.
    See thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f172/st...os-6-a-579393/
    01-26-11 12:09 AM
    so I'm guessing there's no compatible themes yet? I downloaded this one from MMMOOO and i can't find it anywhere :\
    01-26-11 01:18 AM
    There's no choice with the trays in BB6. You should check out upcoming themes when TB 6 is released. I understand that in BB 6.1 you'll be able to manage your trays.
    Wow, I can not image how long it might be before we even seek a "leak" of OS6.1 for us to try?
    01-26-11 02:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD