Is it free to use Blackberry Messenger? I'm pretty sure it is but just wanted to double check.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-10 07:49 AM
    It runs on your data plan. So, yes, it's *free*, in that it doesn't cost over and above your normal data plan.
    04-10-10 07:55 AM
    Thanks for clearing that up for me What about if my husband and his Bold are out of Australia and I'm still in Australia, is it still free even though we would be sending the messages internationally? Would it still be included in our data plans or would international roaming come into ot some how?

Thanks again for your reply!

04-10-10 08:30 PM
    Anyone????
    04-10-10 09:53 PM
    I believe it should be part of your unlimited plan.
    04-11-10 10:41 AM
    It is my understanding the use of BBM is free. You can communicate from anywhere in the world to anyone in the world. There is only a couple requirements. You must have service and you must have as data plan from a provider somewhere (this allows your BB to communicate with RIM's servers).

04-11-10 11:05 AM
    It's pretty simple. If you have a data plan it is free. If you have an unlimited data plan you can use it all day.
    04-11-10 02:45 PM
    it doesnt matter where in the world the other person is... its like email... you dont get charged for international emails... data is data... text messaging is another thing, but PINs and BBM is data and if you could, you could BBM someone on the moon... get my point?
    04-11-10 04:47 PM
    As long as your husband is not using international roaming (but using a data plan in that country) and you in yours, no extra charges will be incurred. It'll all be covered in your data plan.
    04-11-10 05:28 PM
    As long as your husband is not using international roaming (but using a data plan in that country) and you in yours, no extra charges will be incurred. It'll all be covered in your data plan.
    good point... never thought about that...
    04-11-10 08:05 PM
    Awesome thanks for all that, I get it now

04-11-10 08:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD