04-20-12 08:01 PM
98 1234
tools
    I just wanted to say I figured this out too a couple weeks ago when I got my Bold. Now when I'm on the road, I will still get my incoming emails from work without being on BES. It's kind of the best of both worlds...being in touch without feeling like my every move is scrutinized. Mine worked just by entering my email address and password. I did not have to manually configure the account settings. Very cool!
    05-13-09 07:54 PM
    I am a user that my company won't allow on BES with a personal device, which I'm o.k. with. Like the poster above me...I like getting my e-mail on my personal device without my personal stuff going onto our BES servers. I'm just not understanding why Palm could do the calendar integretion (in addition to e-mail) without my IT department's involvement and Blackberry can't.
    Last edited by French; 05-13-09 at 09:20 PM.
    05-13-09 09:02 PM
    I am a user that my company won't allow on BES with a personal device, which I'm o.k. with. Like the poster above me...I like getting my e-mail on my personal device without my personal stuff going onto our BES servers. I'm just not understanding why Palm could do the calendar integretion (in addition to e-mail) without my IT department's involvement and Blackberry can't.
    I'm in the same situation, my old WinMo phone could sync with my companies Exchange without them doing/knowing anything, but BlackBerry BIS can't. There's a bug in BIS when you throw in OWA 2007 + ISA firewall, that's why I went with AstraSync. Full of bugs but I get my mail
    05-13-09 11:20 PM
    With setting up my OWA email on my 8330 I actually had to go into the email settings and enter the actual address... now on my Bold I would just enter my email address and password and I guess my "smartphone" figured out the rest...
    05-13-09 11:24 PM
    Great post, I'll be giving this a try. Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-09 11:32 PM
    I have an unlocked blackberry storm on AT&T. Everything works perfectly except my email on the phone. I have already walked through and added the service books for AT&T. I have the .90 radio on my phone so i have no problem with EDGE. I have had email on all my blackberries with Verizon before I switched to AT&T and it has been the same account.

I will receive an email on my phone but when I go to send an email it says, "No message service configured." It then redirects me to the email setup page. At this point it tells me that an account has already been registered for this phone and pin.

I have reformatted the phone several times trying to delete the email. AT&T has no idea and Verizon is no help at all.

Any ideas?
    05-14-09 11:20 PM
    I've given this a try. It's not working correctly. Keeps saying that it's not correct. I am at work now, have ran the "Detect" and also tried setting it up. I've also had one of my co-workers email me the security certificate, but I'm not quite sure what's going on here. Maybe someone high-up like a Mod or someone I can trust can email me and I can give them the settings and see if they can work some magic? PM.
    05-15-09 09:11 PM
    Worked for me. Make sure you add the "s" to the http:// so it looks like https://

This is such a great find, this has been pissing me and my boss off for months. Thank you so much.
    05-15-09 10:49 PM
    Thank You! Awesome information!

[LEFT][I][B][COLOR=Red]First you want to make sure your company has Outlook Web Access(OWA) setup on the server for access.
    05-15-09 11:39 PM
    Thank You!!!
    My company just switched to web service and this helped me to get it set up.
    05-23-09 12:24 PM
    If I can't access my work email outside my work computers can this work for me???

06-07-09 06:59 PM
    i tried to set this up, and when i went to make the BIS account, it said that my phone is already set up. How do i figure out what my account info is or do i have to call verizon for that??

Thanks
    06-09-09 08:13 AM
    I am having the same issue as the last post. gained access to the advanced settings and was able to configure my wifes owa account with no problems, but so far doesn't work for me.
    06-23-09 10:02 PM
    I got hooked up to my owa okay, but get junk emails as well as my inbox stuff. I also had redirect on my laptop and the same thing, of couse had box checked to recieve only inbox and send only. They go to the right locations (files) on Outlook 2007. anyone have an answer, Thanks
    06-24-09 09:55 AM
    Hi i tried this and keep getting an error.....

any other ways other than enterprise config?
    06-25-09 11:23 AM
    Does this setup work if I have to enter a rolling code every time I access my work email from a non-work computer? I have OWA, but I have to enter a four digit PIN plus a rolling code from my key fob as the password.... I can get all the way to my inbox from my blackberry browser manually (by going to remoteoffice. ge.com and entering my username and ever-changing password, THEN logging in to my e2k email account with my email username and password), and I can even see my messages, i just can't open them... it's very frustrating!!! (My company won't allow personal BB's on their BES and I'm not important enough to have a company BB)....
    This was similar to my issue, I wanted a BB but not one issued through my company. Anyway, for anyone who cares, here is what I have found out.

I work either remotely from home or from a client site. Therefore, I connect 100% through VPN which requires the "rolling" or "Secure ID" code. We have OWA so we can access our mail and certain web apps if we don't have our laptop, and while I could get to my mail on my BB thru OWA, like this poster above, I couldn't open any mail. I found that Opera mini works where the BB browser doesn't. Opera mini was free. Also - I found that Opera gets me into other sites (e.g. my online banking) that I couldn't otherwise. Kinda ugly, but it works in a pinch. It doesn't "push" your mail, though - you need to check it. Also, you'd need your opera mini app running all the time which kinda sucks unless you want to keep entering in passwords and security tokens over and over again.

What I really wanted, was to be able to get my mail on my phone during the day, so I didn't necessarily have to be sitting at my home office or wherever. Aside from using opera mini and OWA, I found the Desktop Redirector to work perfectly for this. It was easy to setup (I used my regular outlook), and now my mail get pushed to my phone like any other of my email accounts - I can send, reply and do whatever to my work email now. Of course I have to leave my laptop on and connected, but its that way nearly 18 hours a day anyway, AND, I can turn redirector off and stop getting my damn work mail as well. The only time when theoretically I wouldn't be connected is when I am traveling and in airports or wherever, but in those cases I can use the round-about opera mini method.

Perhaps this is not anything new to anyone, but I am pretty stoked that I didn't have to get a company blackberry (thru T Mobile which isn't so great around here) but yet am able to enjoy most of the benefits of being connected to our BES. My company pays for all mobile phone expenses, but they only "support" mobile email thru their BES so I'd have to port my number to a company phone and have them see all my voice and data use.
    06-26-09 09:30 PM
    This is great. Thank you so much for posting this tutorial.
    07-04-09 01:24 PM
    Hi all. I setup my OWA and it works perfectly. However, none of my BCC recipients receive my emails. To and CC are ok, and of course all my sent mails appear where they should. However, I cannot delete sent mail nor empty trash. Any ideas. Is this the way its supposed to be. Thanks

07-04-09 01:33 PM
    OK, I've set mine up and it was working fine for about two months, until my password expired on my Outlook Account. I went in and reset it on my computer at work, but it's still disabled on my BB.

When I go into "Email Settings" to change my password it doesn't show my existing accounts and asks me to log in to get there. Only problem is it won't recognize any log in or password combo. My co-worker has a BB through Verizon and had the same prob, but his was an easy fix. It offered all 3 of his existing accounts, he picked the work one, hit "edit" and reset his password.

Any ideas for mine to get in to my existing emails and reset this?
    07-07-09 12:55 AM
    How long does it take for you to get your OWA messages? I am using AstraSync but find it pretty buggy.

CLE
    07-07-09 02:40 PM
    I'm learning something new every day!!
    07-11-09 10:58 PM
    I'm not sure if this is the right place to fix my problem but here goes. My college email is set up so I can use OWA. I configured my email address on my Storm using the setup wizard/email settings options. However, I am not happy with the speed at which I get emails. It can take up to 40 minutes to receive emails on my BlackBerry.

I tried to follow the steps in the first post but I get an error message saying I have to access the website from my BlackBerry device after I put in my PIN and MEID to sign up. Then when I try to access the website on my BlackBerry I get an error saying I can't access that website on my device. By the way, I am on Verizon.

Any ideas? Or did I set up the email right and I just have to live with the speed?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: The error I get on my BlackBerry is that I have to use the URL provided to me by my service provider. I am using the link found in one of the posts in this same section of the forums.
    Last edited by mikec8785; 07-14-09 at 08:10 PM.
    07-14-09 08:07 PM
    ok, how about this??

I tried manually entering my work email. No dice. I put the correct pwd with the email at the beginning, it automatically configured it and I started getting emails pushed to me.

BUT

when I try to reply, or create a new email, they all fail Big Red X. It says, 'message included an invalid address '

ok. any ideas??

-Shawn
    08-03-09 02:18 AM
    Go to blackberry.com's support section and look at KB03133. This is similar to what the OP posted however it explains what needs to be in the Mailbox Name field in greater detail. In my case that field actually had to be blank for it to work.
    08-12-09 01:50 PM
    Well, I was pretty excited to look at this thread, but the excitment dampened.

I can access my owa account through Opera. I get a screen where I have to enter my employee ID and the password. How do I set this up manually?

When I access OWA via Opera mini, I provide the URL: https:\\myorg.com\owa\ and I get fields to enter my Employee ID and my password. While setting this up manually, I dont get any field to provide my user ID information - all I can input is the OWA Email address and my password and this cant work. How will I do that when setting this up manually?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Last edited by chandra481; 09-14-09 at 05:34 PM.
    09-14-09 05:09 PM
98 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD