I've had my Bold 9700 for a while now, but always used the GMAIL app instead of the BlackBerry email set up .. well, I just decided to set up my email through BlackBerry so that I could consolidate all of my messages into one folder, make things easier. When I go to Setup -> Email .. I'm given two options: Internet Mail Account or Enterprise Account ... From my experience with the Bold 9000 and Torch 9800, I know that I want to selecte Internet Mail Account in order to setup my gmail accounts ... However, when I do that, it automatically takes me back to the main setup menu instead of asking for my email info. So I then again select "Email" from the main setup menu, and it's just a cycle.

Does this mean that this Bold is set up with BES and I need BIS services? When I select Enterprise Account, it asks for administrator password, which I obviously do not have. This is my personal BlackBerry, not one connected to a job or anything like that. If it's the case that I'm on the wrong BB Service, how do I switch from BES to BIS? Or what should I do?

I'm running OS 6.0 by the way.
    12-16-11 12:39 AM
    You'll need a blackberry data plan, not a social/unlimited messaging plan, in order to setup regular e-mail. Also, have you tried setting it up on carriername.blackberry.com, the bis website? You'll have to make an account. You could have your carrier do it for you too.
    jonmark likes this.
    12-16-11 03:56 AM
    ... have you tried setting it up on carriername.blackberry.com, the bis website? You'll have to make an account.
    This worked! Thanks so much, got my email accounts set up on my BB now
    12-16-11 05:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD