Im a huge user of Blackberry Messenger and I recently updated it to version 5.0.0.33. With this update, when someone sends me a picture, I am unable to have the option of viewing the picture before saving it to my phone like I had in the previous version. This is very frustrating because most of the time when I do try and save the picture now, it doesnt even save properly, making the picture not viewable at all!...I hope someone can make a new build to this problem so that they can incorporate the View option for pictures being sent through BBM.

Is anyone else having this problem?
    10-23-09 02:12 PM
    Yeah I noticed this too. Kinda sucks. Although if someone i know who is still running the old version of messenger sends me a pic, it still does it the old way and I don't have to save it. Hopefully they change this.
    10-23-09 03:12 PM
    For those kind of recommendations...How do we let them know about it?
    10-23-09 03:25 PM
    I'm pretty sure RIM knows about this one . Hopefully they can come up with a work around that still lets users send larger files as well as small pictures quickly (the old way)
    10-24-09 12:13 AM
    exactly its sucks!
    10-24-09 12:27 AM
    I'm with you on this. My wife and i text all the time, and talk with the rest of my family a thousand miles away. we use the bbm all the time to exchange pictures. Since the upgrade, we lost that benefit. Kind of sorry I upgraded.
    10-24-09 09:01 PM
    Could RIM be changing the way how files are sent? It seems to be peer to peer now...I read somewhere in the forums that pre-version 5, pictures are kept in their servers or something...Probably their way of preserving their servers so that it doesn't overload...Definitely annoying as it takes longer now to send files...it has an expiration too...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-09 04:38 AM
    Same- hate this. Picture messaging a huge part of BBM for me, this extra step kills it.
    10-25-09 11:49 AM
    For those who exchange lots of pictures via BBM, try creating a group with those you exchange with and that will make picture exchanging much easier. You basically upload it to the group picture folder, and its viewable to all, SO much quicker, and its always there for reference unless you delete it!
    10-25-09 11:52 AM
    Except group chat is hurting the BB experience. It sucks battery and it causes lags.
    10-25-09 07:59 PM
    ive never really had a problem with this
    10-25-09 08:00 PM
    ive also found that it takes forever to receive a picture. im actually still waiting on a picture 45 minutes after i received the message.
    10-25-09 09:13 PM
    I am having a problem with pictures on the bbm as well... my issue is that people are saying that they cant recieve pictures from me.. It says that the send was cancled when i never cancled anything.. i have tried a battery pull and all and nothing seems to be fixing this issue.. Anyone else have any solutions?
    10-30-09 11:17 AM
    Does anyone know if this problem has been solved yet?
    11-19-09 04:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD