Hi there,
    I am able to send pictures through BlackBerry Messenger to my contacts, but what I miss from the previous versions is that fact that you could actually choose what resolution you want it sent as. There was this picture that I wanted to send a contact, but it just came up with the option co caption it. I have also turned off the option to auto-size my images. my 2048x1536 photos still send as 640x480. I'm sure I'm missing something stupid like an extra option here or there, but is anyone else experiencing this too?

Cheers, guys.
    06-15-11 08:20 AM
    this depends on the version of blackberry messenger that the other person has, if they have an old version you will get the prompt to choose which resolution to send.
    06-15-11 09:24 PM
    Ah I see. Yeah they updated their BBM and after that I was only able to send it as a standard 640x480. No other way to send it was the original size then?

Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-11 06:32 PM
    If you're both on the latest version of bbm you should be able to select what size you want your image to be sent in.

06-17-11 04:02 AM
    Wrong, if they're both on the latest bbm there's no option to resize, once the picture is sent the person receiving the picture can hover over the image on the conversation, hit the blackberry key, then select "request higher quality" or something around those lines

flight1001 likes this.
    06-18-11 03:51 PM
    elokito thanks
    06-30-11 11:24 AM
    Works on Q10. Press with the finger on a photo in your chat, on the rightside menu bar apears, thenn chosse HQ.
    12-30-13 04:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD