I have BBM 5.0.1.38 installed on my phone. I have a general question in relation to sending pics through bbm. I have been doing it for some time - sending pics that have been taken on the phone to bbm contacts. It compresses the file image and sends.

On this version of bbm when i go to send a pic it will show the eat size as 50.7kb (large image size), yet once i press ok the size of the file is 96.79kb. Am i missing something here? Shouldnt the eat size be the same as the file size sent? If someone could clarify please, thank you

(dont think i saw this difference in the previous version of bbm)
    10-01-10 12:37 PM
    Yep, it's been there all along, but it's not usually that big a difference where the actual size is almost double the "quote."

A known minor bug...
    10-01-10 12:44 PM
    ah okay, so the old version had the same bug?
    10-01-10 12:47 PM
    The old 5.0's did yes. Can't comment on the pre-5.0's.
    10-01-10 12:49 PM
    thanks for the reply. Any idea why its almost double the quote size? Its the same with every picture
    10-01-10 12:58 PM
    Erm, if you're connected to twitter on your BB, couldn't you post it on twitpic without tweeting and then link it to them?

But anyways, bugs need to be crushed with a fly swatter, zapped with the electronic version or torched mid-flight if they're flying type, or thumbed if crawling. Same goes for software bugs, ironed out

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-10 01:02 PM
    thanks for the reply. Any idea why its almost double the quote size? Its the same with every picture
    No idea for certain.
    If I had to guess, I'd say the quote is the picture size, then the difference represents additional data being uploaded with it, like your ID, its destination, whatever BM coding is necessary, etc.
    10-01-10 02:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD