I searched and couldn't find a thread that mentioned this....I'm having an issue and was wondering if it's only me - in the 4.7 BBM versions, if you wanted to send a pic or a voice note or file to a bbm contact, you opened the file, hit bb menu and clicked send to messenger contact...and the file was pretty much sent instantly...now in the 5.0.33 version, it almost never works for me...the other contact first has to accept the file request and then the progress bar/ % never moves from 0%!?!?!?!?! I don't get this....stuff should be improved in the later OS, not frickin broken!?!?!? any ideas?

10-26-09 10:10 PM
    Its kind of a known issue with BBM5. At times the transfers are pretty quick but other times it just times out. Maybe uninstall BBM and reinstall it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-09 10:43 PM
    yeah, its not perfect and dies frequently. just resend it
    10-26-09 10:49 PM
    noticed the same problem with mine yesterday. had to resort to email instead.
    10-26-09 10:57 PM
    I did try resending it.....it never takes off for me....or any of the other contacts....which basically sucks....

read of a workaround though...if you set up a group with that same contact, the picture can be sent instantly like in 4.7 :-S no way to send a file or voice note that way (at least not that I found) but pics sent that way go through like in 4.7
    10-26-09 11:23 PM