Hey guys, I have a Bold 9780 that I am going to sell. How do I make it so the buyer doesn't get messages from my BBM contacts? Also stuff like e-mail how do I deactivate that so it doesn't show my e-mail address? I've wiped my device many times, and when i goto setup e-mail it has my e-mail address already, even though I've done a security wipe.
    I just wanna make sure the buyer doesn't get random messages from people I had on my list.
    06-09-11 07:40 PM
    wipe your device and have the carrier remove the bb data plan... done

the key there is to make sure they remove the BB data plan off your account... and once they insert there SIM card all there data thats assocaited with there BB data plan will show up instead of yours
    06-09-11 09:11 PM
    I will wipe and remove the bb data plan, but once the new owner gets the phone, and add's a bb data plan, wouldn't he get messages from my contacts since the PIN is the same?
    06-09-11 09:13 PM
    I will wipe and remove the bb data plan, but once the new owner gets the phone, and add's a bb data plan, wouldn't he get messages from my contacts since the PIN is the same?
    No. PIN is only associated with the device itself or the hardware, not your information. What you should try is remove your SIM card and then perform a wipe/security wipe. Boot it up without your SIM inserted and see if your information is there.
    06-09-11 09:35 PM
    I know the info will be gone from my phone, my question is, people who have my on BBM, when they message my phone/pin, wont the new owner get the messages, since he will have my phone/pin?
    06-09-11 09:40 PM
    if you want to be extra safe...

delete contacts individually and select 'ignore future requests' so you will remove yourself from their contact list
    then remove the pins form the ignore list.
    06-09-11 09:50 PM
    if you want to be extra safe...

delete contacts individually and select 'ignore future requests' so you will remove yourself from their contact list
    then remove the pins form the ignore list.
    that's what I was looking for!
    thanks I'll do that before I sell the phone
    06-09-11 09:54 PM
    I'd broadcast messages telling your contacts you're selling the device on day X.

If you're getting a new Berry before you sell the old one, the Device Switch feature in Desktop Manager will solve that problem for you (your contacts will not even notice you have a new device, and will never message the old one).
    06-09-11 09:58 PM
    I'll be sure to tell them that I'm selling the phone, so they don't' message/try to re-add my pin. I'm actually going back to my iphone, as it suits my needs better.
    06-09-11 10:00 PM
    I see a lot if iMessaging in you future then...
    06-09-11 10:06 PM
    I see a lot if iMessaging in you future then...
    haha yes that's for sure, BBM is one feature I'll miss.

one more thing, how do I send a mass BBM message to all my contacts? I don't wanna have to go through every contact telling them the phone is sold.
    Last edited by GP-SE; 06-09-11 at 10:25 PM.
    06-09-11 10:19 PM
    Menu > New broadcast message

Change Category to All and then Select All (checkbox, not manually).
    06-09-11 11:05 PM
    thanks guys, now I got another problem, when I goto setup -> e-mail setup I get two options:
    create new personal account
    create new corporate account
    when I click on either nothing happens, I then did a security wipe to delete everything and even after that it gets stuck there, then I have to power the phone off an back on because it's frozen.
    Anyone experience this? I did a battery pull and the same thing, it freezes when I try to setup e-mail.
    06-11-11 12:56 PM
    Did you update the e-mail setup app?
    06-11-11 01:13 PM
    I don't get that option, and now my e-mails are still going to the phone, even though I did a security wipe and never re-entered my e-mail address!
    Also I'm using a different sim as the phone was sold to my brother, so his phone number is in there now.

figured it out, had to downgrade to .285, then run e-mail setup again, it updated e-mail setup, and then showed my e-mail address. I deleted my e-mail account\address so it should all be good now.
    Last edited by GP-SE; 06-11-11 at 02:11 PM.
    06-11-11 01:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD