I recently purchased the Seidio Innocase II + the Seidio Spring Lock Holster combo for my Tour and have a question for those who use this combo or one similar to it.

I know the spring clasp can be locked to prevent the phone coming out from the case but how secure is the phone? I have a fear that something could snag the spring clip and the phone fall out if it becomes unlocked.

Am I worrying for nothing or is it a real problem? Have others had their phones come out with this type of holster?

I've been putting it in the EOM holster but it's a tight fit with the Innocase II and I'd prefer to use the spring lock type if it's safe.

Thanks,
    Larry
    12-28-09 07:06 PM
    Well i just went from the Curve to the Tour and ordered the Innocase II ..
    Had the same Seidio on my Curve (without the locking feature) and never had a problem.. use it.. lock it.. not to worry.. looking forward to getting mine. JK
    12-28-09 08:01 PM
    I have a tour with an innocase II and the clip. I never lock it and it has never come out of the clip. I've had the case about as long as I've had the phone, about 2 months. Hope that help.
    12-28-09 08:13 PM
    I use this case while I work outdoors(roofing) and it has not snapped out of it's case at all.

I'm curious if I purchase the 2600 extended Seidio battery if this will fit in my case anymore?
    12-28-09 08:19 PM
    Check Seidio's website. I think they make a case to accommodate the extended battery - at least they do for some BB phones.
    12-28-09 09:32 PM
    2 buyer beware notes about seido spring lock holsters, that I experienced after only 3-5 months and later discovered from forums that other users also experienced:

1. After 3 months, the holster caused paint to chip away from the top of my BB, despite the fact that I used a gentle touch when putting the BB in and out of the holster.

2. After 5 months, the spring mechanism broke and rendered the holster useless. My BB fell onto the concrete when the spring broke.
    03-20-10 11:46 AM
    I have the same case you do and I haven't had any issues with the phone falling out even when its unlocked. The case is pretty good. I hardly ever lock minez at all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-20-10 03:40 PM
    I had one for my 8900 when I was with AT&T anf I have one now with my Tour. All and all about 8 months of use and I have not had any problems. I love them. Makes it very easy to holster the phone.

03-20-10 07:55 PM
    I have had mine case/holster combination for 8 months as well. I have never had the Tour pop out. I have complete confidence in it. I was afraid when I first got it. It didn't take long for that to pass.
    03-20-10 09:34 PM
    I agree. I only use Seidio products and never have a problem. Seidio Inn 2 and Holster are a great combo that will serve you well. Enjoy! My BlackBerry Tour continues it's Beastly ways!

03-21-10 11:07 AM
    I'll clarify my above comments. The holster worked properly every time until it broke. I experienced the same misfortune that others have reported on these forums. It may be that in a certain number of these holsters, the spring will eventually break. Once that happens, the holster will permanently be useless.
    03-21-10 11:43 AM
    I have the same combo and it is by far an excellent purchase. I own a power washing company and also do maintenance work and have never had a problem with either.

03-21-10 04:23 PM
    Seidio is top of the line, and worth the price. I've owned several of their clips and combo packages and never had an issue.
    03-21-10 04:57 PM
    To the OP: I have been using the Sedio Innocase 360 and holster combo for 6 months and have never locked it. I love the holster and hope that it will not fail as mentioned by another poster. I am confident that if the spring were to break that Sedio would replace.
    04-10-10 06:30 PM
    To the OP: I have been using the Sedio Innocase 360 and holster combo for 6 months and have never locked it. I love the holster and hope that it will not fail as mentioned by another poster. I am confident that if the spring were to break that Sedio would replace.
    Note that the warranty is only 6 months.
    04-15-10 11:29 AM
    I have the one for my curve which doesn't have the lock and not once has it popped out.

OT this is in the wrong forum.
    04-15-10 11:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD