Hey All,

So I've noticed when I'm scrolling through my BBM contacts it's not as smooth as other applications like my emails or contact list. Anyone else experience this? I'm running .246 stock from Telus.

Thanks!
    10-02-10 01:47 PM
    One other thing to note - It only seems choppy on the BBM contacts screen. If I'm scrolling through a long conversation, it's smooth like butter!
    10-02-10 01:49 PM
    Just a thought, I've noticed that my contacts get slower/choppy when I scroll past contacts that have pictures associated with them. Could this be the same issue you are seeing in BBM? I'm guessing it is because it is still loading the pic while I am trying to scroll. No big deal, it is still very speedy, I just notice a tad of lag when scrolling through contacts with pictures attached.
    10-02-10 02:11 PM
    Hmm.. most of my contacts in BBM have pictures, they're all loaded when I'm scrolling but maybe that's got something to do with it. Thanks for the input.
    10-02-10 02:27 PM
    Issue resolved. I deleted BBM via DM and reloaded via App World.
    10-02-10 03:23 PM
    Not that it makes a huge difference with the Torch having plenty of app memory, but if you install BBM directly from the BlackBerry site rather than through App World you'll save yourself about 4MB of app memory. The download from the BB site is a single language which you select before downloading, while the App World version is multi-language and therefore bloats the size of the app.
    10-03-10 07:47 AM
    Aww..Noah! Why'd you have to go and tell me that?? My ocd is going to kick in and I'm going to delete and reinstall..lol thanks for the info!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-10 08:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD