is there a way to set my college school email on my blackberry to recieve emails from that account?
    10-07-08 06:01 PM
    like you want your school email to come to your bb?

i have my school email on my bb. Just went to my carries website and added the email address like any other email address.

do you have other email accounts coming to your phone and are just having trouble with the school email specifically?
    10-07-08 06:28 PM
    If you're having issues with your school email there's usually an option to forward it to another account- forward it to Gmail and set that account up on BIS
    10-07-08 06:31 PM
    naw i just didnt konw how to do it. when i go to the email set up on my bb it asked for a specific email type like yahoo, gmail. etc... as opposed to an edu so i didnt know how to do that.
    10-07-08 06:36 PM
    do you have an 'email settings' icon? bc (with verizon - itship2bsquare) when i click on that it opens the browser and allows me to write any email address. (click on 'email accounts' it loads a new page, then click "add an email account" it loads a new page, and allows you to write in any email address you want. then just provide your password and ur good to go

(yahoo/gmail are just examples under the field you fill in)
    10-07-08 07:04 PM
    I have my school email coming to my account.

Go to the icon that has the envelope with the screw on it (personal email setup)
    It will bring you to your bis login. Login and add your school address
    10-07-08 07:08 PM
    which ever.you wanna call it
    10-07-08 07:12 PM
    I have my school email coming to my account.

Go to the icon that has the envelope with the screw on it (personal email setup)
    It will bring you to your bis login. Login and add your school address
    screw? or nut?? haha
    10-07-08 07:12 PM
    which ever.you wanna call it
    haha just giving you some crap
    Last edited by strickler; 10-15-08 at 05:11 PM.
    10-07-08 07:13 PM
    I was able to set up my account just like my yahoo one. Go to 'Personal email set up' then put the info in. It was the first thing I did when I moved to school.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-08 07:21 PM

check this thread. seems like there is some mixed opines and results on this working. i didnt think it would, but some of the members here have it working. you might try pm'ing some of the ones that got it to work and see if they can help as well.
    10-08-08 02:15 PM
    i got stuck with this too, it turned out to be us using the wrong account name.....a friend of mine and i stumbled through a setup using a UK uni email, if its a 'blackboard' styled email account (i think its outlook from the universities own student space thing try this),
    firstly log into the college email you want, leave the cursor of the computer over the inbox and in the status bar at the bottom of the PC window you will see a root of the inbox address within the college network. it will be something like;
    'college name.edu/exchange/ieh8550/inbox' the 'ieh8550' will actually be the name of your account (we expected it to be a college log in) and then just continue the manual settings.
    10-08-08 02:33 PM
    Whenever I go into that screen from my Blackberry the following message appears...

"We were unable to configure ______._______@_______.edu. Choose one of the following options and select Next.
    -I will provide the settings to add this email account
    -Reenter email address and password"

A little help?
    Can you access your school email from a 3rd party computer (one not connected to your school network) over the internet? That is basically how your BB is accessing your email accounts.

If so, you should be able to do it by providing the setting your self for the email account.

If you can't then you can't get your school email.
    10-08-08 03:00 PM
    You might need to put in your username only...for mine I needed to put in just my username not ___@yorku.ca

I'm usually pretty good at figuring this stuff out but in Canada we don't have .edu school emails so I have no idea....

Actually that might be the problem- RIM's a Canadian company, maybe the .edu just isn't a recognized email extention...although you'd think they'd have figured it out by now.
    10-08-08 04:55 PM
    natedogg, please stop posting to threads that have been dormant for YEARS.
    01-10-12 05:27 PM