01-27-11 10:49 AM
35 12
tools
    why do you think you need OS 6? I refuse to upgrade it as I view it as the same old pig with different lipstick... OS 5 suits all my needs perfectly. twice I have tried OS6 devices and twice i have reverted back to OS5. It is simply user preference.
    01-27-11 09:38 AM
    why do you think you need OS 6? I refuse to upgrade it as I view it as the same old pig with different lipstick... OS 5 suits all my needs perfectly. twice I have tried OS6 devices and twice i have reverted back to OS5. It is simply user preference.
    LMAO! I didnt know pigs wore lipstick! Well, then again, Miss Piggy does.....

I stayed on OS5 myself, only because of the browser font & no column view issue. I'm using Bolt today on my bb, and I'm really not crazy about it. I thought I could convince myself to cope with Bolt so I could load OS6, but no....Bolt seems to "choppy" using the trackpad to get around. idk if its just me or what.....
    01-27-11 09:46 AM
    You're absolutely correct, os5 does what i need it to do. For some reason, I just thought os6 was going to be better. from the looks of it, it is for some people -prob those wanting their phone to be more like a droid or iphone. it's almost like rim needs 2 versions of thier OS. One for business and one for Media. I guess you could say that is the difference btw os5 and 6. I think i'm rambling now.
    01-27-11 09:49 AM
    I'm back to os5. I probably could have gotten used to 6, but the I couldn't get the calendar app to fuction correctly. A while ago, my trackpad chipped off, I wonder if that's somehow affecting things. The "swipe" just doesn't seem to work well with my phone. I have to swipe 2-3 times to change the main screen (favorites ect).

Thanks for all the replies -

Snowball - what the heck is jersey shore?

its a horrible show about kids at the jersey shore....it makes jersey look really bad IMO. And kids watch this crap!!
    01-27-11 09:49 AM
    +1, if I had a 9700 I'd probably stick with OS5. I prefer BB6 to OS5 on my 9650, it's just more intuitive.
    01-27-11 09:50 AM
    You're absolutely correct, os5 does what i need it to do. For some reason, I just thought os6 was going to be better. from the looks of it, it is for some people -prob those wanting their phone to be more like a droid or iphone. it's almost like rim needs 2 versions of thier OS. One for business and one for Media. I guess you could say that is the difference btw os5 and 6. I think i'm rambling now.
    your right, OS5 runs great on my Bold. I'm happy there. I havent dwld OS6 to try it so I really have no clue what it even looks like. I'm just going by what everyone has spoken of. I do understand that you can flick your screens left or right to have diff icons on the diff pages, just like a droid, iPad, iPod touch. at least thats what i'm getting out of it.correct me if i'm wrong.
    01-27-11 09:53 AM
    @ Mase, no one will slight you for wanting to stay on 5. Six is not for everybody and five is clearly better in certain regards. There is a learning curve to six that takes some time to get used to. Give it an honest evaluation and then decide. I've gone back and forth between the two many times. I settle in with six longer each time. It took me awhile to really cuddle up with it. Its good now. No one says you have to use it. Do what works for you.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    01-27-11 09:59 AM
    I like OS6 but the lack of themes kinda bothers me. hopefully these will be able to be developed soon cause 6 is official now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-11 10:18 AM
    I like OS6 but the lack of themes kinda bothers me. hopefully these will be able to be developed soon cause 6 is official now.
    Agreed, themes will put a whole new look on 6. Rumor is the theme builder will release any day now.
    01-27-11 10:20 AM
    I like OS6 been using the leaked version for a while. the browser seems faster to me but taking away column view was definitely a mistake.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-11 10:49 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD