01-27-11 11:49 AM
35 12
tools
    Wow, I am really bummed out right now. I've been a BB guy for a long time and for the first time I'm thinking about jumping ship. I've been waiting for the official verizon os6 to come out and was really excited, but after upgrading today, I'm wishing I hadn't.

I'm hoping someone has some answers on the following:

The calender!! - Oh man they really jacked this up. The simplicity and snappiness of the calender was my favorite with my BB. Now its all clustered. All my overlapping appointments are unreadable from the main screen and I cannot even scroll to the other days. When I try and swipe to the next day, it does nothing. I have to goto "go to date" to switch days. Can I get the old calender with os6? Probably not I guess

The web browser is slow at best.

There's a few seconds delay whenever to click on any icons

I know i can just switch back to os5, but i think i'll probably switch to another phone before i do that.

Any help would be appreciated!
    01-26-11 06:17 PM
    Help?...haha how do you expect help when you come on here complaining, jump ship, who cares, no one...try not having alot of stuff to do on one day, maybe get rid of the birthdays that facebook takes up...if you dont like what im saying tough...downgrade back to os5, and if you dont like that go back to RAZR....
    01-26-11 06:22 PM
    lol razr, i almost died.
    01-26-11 06:25 PM
    Wow, I am really bummed out right now. I've been a BB guy for a long time and for the first time I'm thinking about jumping ship. I've been waiting for the official verizon os6 to come out and was really excited, but after upgrading today, I'm wishing I hadn't.

The calender!! - Oh man they really jacked this up. The simplicity and snappiness of the calender was my favorite with my BB. Now its all clustered. All my overlapping appointments are unreadable from the main screen and I cannot even scroll to the other days. When I try and swipe to the next day, it does nothing. I have to goto "go to date" to switch days. Can I get the old calender with os6? Probably not I guess

I know i can just switch back to os5, but i think i'll probably switch to another phone before i do that.

kthanksbye
    01-26-11 06:26 PM
    i wasn't talking to you anyway! Get a life, if you don't like what I say then don't waste your time replying. I use my BB for business and it's always worked well. I am just really frustrated with os6. it seems like they got rid of a lot of stuff that worked well and loaded up with all this stuff i don't need like Twitter!

i'm not a "hybrid guy", I just don't have the time so I don't know how to get rid of the unwanted stuff.
    01-26-11 06:28 PM
    give the os time to settle.i did and its working much better.
    01-26-11 06:31 PM
    were you talking to me or pc?...cause well if this thread was directed to someone special then you should label such, and i dont know common sense would be that if you liked os 5, and dont like os 6, THEN GO BACK TO OS 5, it doesnt take long, im pretty sure you can catch up on the jersey shore while you downgrade
    01-26-11 06:32 PM
    give the os time to settle.i did and its working much better.
    that won't change the calendar app that the OP doesn't like.
    01-26-11 06:32 PM
    I guess that would've been a better title for my post, "Calender problems." Has anyone else had this issue? I will downgrade if i have to, I just wanted to see if anyone has insight on the calender.

I guess I should also ask if anyone knows where I get the latest os5 to downgrade?
    01-26-11 06:36 PM
    I guess that would've been a better title for my post, "Calender problems." Has anyone else had this issue? I will downgrade if i have to, I just wanted to see if anyone has insight on the calender.

I guess I should also ask if anyone knows where I get the latest os5 to downgrade?
    The calendar works fine on my Bold. You can connect to Desktop Manager and click Update device and View other options to get back down to 5.0.0.975.
    01-26-11 06:38 PM
    Hey Ill give you some valuable insight. OS6 took a few days to get used to. Ive been running the leaked version since September. I actually find the calender is faster on OS6 than it was on 5. I do remember it being very sluggish for a couple of days until it settled in. Im not sure why it takes some time but it does. I would do about 5 battery pulls within a 2 hour period. That should take care of it. The browser to me is about the same speed if not faster. Personally I love OS6 but I have seen a lot of negative feedback on it. If OS6 does not meet your needs I would definitely consider downgrading back to OS 5 before you go to Android. I tried it myself and if you use your BB for business aka heavy email,calender and messaging. The Droids just cant touch the quickness and ease of use a Blackberry provides. Either way good luck with your choice.
    01-26-11 06:39 PM
    Thanks! I'll give it a few days. I'll never switch from a BB, haha, I was just blowing smoke. I'd take os5 over a iphone or droid any day for business purposes. Calender and email is all I need, but a good web browser is nice when you need it.
    01-26-11 06:44 PM
    The calendar works fine on my Bold. You can connect to Desktop Manager and click Update device and View other options to get back down to 5.0.0.975.
    I actually tried that just to see what was available, but os6 was all that was listed even when I select "view other versions." Verizon has a download for downgrading, I'll see what thats about.

Thanks!
    01-26-11 06:48 PM

I'm not having any problems with my calendar. The webkit browser is fine also. I hope you find an OS or a phone that you're happy with.
    01-26-11 07:47 PM
    im used to os6 because i had all the leaked versions. my friend has os5 and i ******* hate it. get used to it. if you dont like it downgrade. its your opinion you dont have to post that you dont like it
    01-26-11 07:57 PM
    im used to os6 because i had all the leaked versions. my friend has os5 and i ******* hate it. get used to it. if you dont like it downgrade. its your opinion you dont have to post that you dont like it
    I'm pretty sure that message boards are usually where people voice their opinions, ask questions, ect...seriously why are people so sensative, cry me a river
    01-26-11 08:08 PM
    Thanks! I'll give it a few days. I'll never switch from a BB, haha, I was just blowing smoke. I'd take os5 over a iphone or droid any day for business purposes. Calender and email is all I need, but a good web browser is nice when you need it.
    Seriously try the Bolt Browser for OS6. It is not bad, faster, larger fonts and well, I can read what's being displayed without swearing.

Also they say Opera Mini 5.2 is da bomb but I thought there was a track pad prob with it but you might wanna try that out as well.
    01-26-11 08:13 PM
    The web browser isn't that big of deal to me, but i still can't get the calender to scroll. Maybe I should clear it out and reinstall. hopefully i don't brick this thing bc i don't exactly know what i'm doing!!
    01-26-11 08:17 PM
    I didn't like the calendar when I switched in December so I use the agenda view as the default and I like it much better. I think you might too. Good luck with the rest.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-11 09:17 PM
    My biggest gripe with OS6 is the teeny fonts that contact names are shown in when you do universal search. My 52yo eyes just cannot read the names under the icons that come up during a search without my glasses. No jokes - everyone reading this will get there some day.

Am also having a spontaneous reboot problem and poor battery life.

Like Mase, this is a business tool that I just need to work. I may come back after these issues are explained or addressed.

Am downgrading as we speak to 5.0.0.975.
    01-26-11 09:49 PM
    i don't exactly know what i'm doing!!
    This could be the reason why you are having these issues. .431 is the best that i have used on my 9650 since they all started to leak. Hope you get everything to work but we cannot see what you have done or do when you get the help that is offered to you.
    01-26-11 10:18 PM
    The web browser isn't that big of deal to me, but i still can't get the calender to scroll. Maybe I should clear it out and reinstall. hopefully i don't brick this thing bc i don't exactly know what i'm doing!!
    Did you watch jersey shore at least?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-11 11:59 PM
    Mase9921, I think you could have worded your title a little differently but I completely understand how you feel. I just downgraded back to OS5 from 6. The new OS is a little flashier and has more stuff going on, but I bought a blackberry because it is practical. OS6 seems to be riding on the heels of the newer fancier OSs' with the fade transition and scrolling icons. They are nice and all but I feel like OS5 is snappier and more solid than the new one. The web browser is still slow I agree.
    01-27-11 12:50 AM
    I'm back to os5. I probably could have gotten used to 6, but the I couldn't get the calendar app to fuction correctly. A while ago, my trackpad chipped off, I wonder if that's somehow affecting things. The "swipe" just doesn't seem to work well with my phone. I have to swipe 2-3 times to change the main screen (favorites ect).

Thanks for all the replies -

Snowball - what the heck is jersey shore?
    01-27-11 09:59 AM
    nevermind, I googled it. i can't believe the crap they put on television. and what's worse is that people actually watch it!
    BayouBengal21 likes this.
    01-27-11 10:03 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD