03-07-12 07:33 PM
90 ... 234
tools
    BBM has been a sobering experience for me to say the least. I live in New Jersey and just bought my first BlackBerry (Bold 9930) in late November (followed by two Playbooks). When I set my phone up I was soooo excited to use BBM! I remember in 2008/2009 it was THE way to communicate via a cell phone! But alas, it's now March and I have TWO BBM friends (one of which is some dude from work that I'd rather not BE friends with and the other is my great-aunt who has no clue hoe to use BBM!). So here I am with RIM's Flagship Phone with their Killer app and I have no one to use it with. BB10 can't get here fast enough. Then BlackBerry can be trendy again and I can finally use this damn app for once (still have yet to send a single message with it)
    --Joz
    Long live the RIMpire!!!
    03-06-12 06:30 PM
    This resumes in two movies: starwars for those switching to the dark side and Terminator...with a twist "YOU ll be back....)....

My list got smaller as well... But i bet you they ll be back!!!
    03-06-12 07:28 PM
    "My son went over to the dark side. His wife was the first to leave my BBM list when she bought her iphone this summer. Now my son has an iphone. My daughter, who also lives miles away, just bought a Macpro computer to go along with her ipod, so when her BB Bold expires.....well, who knows.

Sad day, indeed! "

Sad day indeed. I see the Chinese have just anounced a 106 billion dollar expansion to their military. I wonder how much each product produced in China contrubutes to this military expansion.
    03-06-12 07:35 PM
    You can add me to the list of those with no BBM friends lol
    03-06-12 07:36 PM
    Problem is that RIM in emerging markets has lost the retailers big time... You go begging for a bb or accessories and even the moat persistent will think about backing down after the third or fourth store tried.... And now with the new nokias... I even heard a guy say "these are the Nokia blackberries and they are great...."... Sounds stupid but with the old customer chasing accessories and phones arround, the retailers not pushing the products and the new potential average joe that is unaware of the industry and gets tricked when they ask for a bb.... I think RIM has a lot to think about their marketing mix... Also if you get the prices too low then you get the "not quality" phone attack... I love my bb but i see a grey cloud on retail stores everywhere i go.....
    03-06-12 07:36 PM
    Oh another thing... Rim has always been known for an included holster of great quality in the phone out of the box... Lately we started having to buy that and they will not even give accessories to the store that gives you a 700$ worth of phone...??? Add this to a -1 point team... But i am still hoping and still on-board...
    03-06-12 07:42 PM
    BBM has been a sobering experience for me to say the least. I live in New Jersey and just bought my first BlackBerry (Bold 9930) in late November (followed by two Playbooks). When I set my phone up I was soooo excited to use BBM! I remember in 2008/2009 it was THE way to communicate via a cell phone! But alas, it's now March and I have TWO BBM friends (one of which is some dude from work that I'd rather not BE friends with and the other is my great-aunt who has no clue hoe to use BBM!). So here I am with RIM's Flagship Phone with their Killer app and I have no one to use it with. BB10 can't get here fast enough. Then BlackBerry can be trendy again and I can finally use this damn app for once (still have yet to send a single message with it)
    --Joz
    Long live the RIMpire!!!
    You need to start showing off your phone more. I'm lucky, the person I talk to most has BBM and so do a couple of other good friends. It is hard to talk someone into getting a BB7 phone now with BB10 coming out in a couple months. I know I've convinced a lot of people to look at the newer Blackberries when they come out so I'm sure my BBM list will grow even more.
    03-06-12 07:53 PM
    I lost a lot of BBM friends over the years. It is almost inevitable, but when someone switches to iPhone they stop communicating and essentially become mute.

Recently My gf switched to the BB and will not go back. Number one app she uses is BBM.
    03-06-12 08:25 PM
    Hmm! Seems to me that it is better to talk to people with your voice and only use text messages for short connections to actually meetings for real conversations..
    up488 likes this.
    03-06-12 08:27 PM
    I love BBM....great way to tell if someone's ignoring ! lol.

Sorry to hear that your son switched.
    03-06-12 11:37 PM
    "My son went over to the dark side. His wife was the first to leave my BBM list when she bought her iphone this summer. Now my son has an iphone. My daughter, who also lives miles away, just bought a Macpro computer to go along with her ipod, so when her BB Bold expires.....well, who knows.

Sad day, indeed! "

Sad day indeed. I see the Chinese have just anounced a 106 billion dollar expansion to their military. I wonder how much each product produced in China contrubutes to this military expansion.
    I did the same thing. After having a BB for years decided to move to the iPhone. But the BB kept calling me back. So I am back in. Hopefully your son will get the same calling.
    03-07-12 01:39 AM
    I must admit that I am considering getting myself an Android device in the near future. The only reason I'm actually considering it is, that I'll be able to modify the device, like I was able to with my old faithful SE K750i :P

The only Android device I'm really drawn to though, is the HTC One S, but that will probably only arrive in South Africa at the end of the year, knowing our carriers. *rolls eyes*

I definitely won't get rid of my BB though (mostly because my husband convinced me not to, lol!), but my whole family uses Whatsapp, so it won't be too much of a hassle if I do decide to sell my BB.

Sent using Tapatalk
    03-07-12 02:56 AM
    my original post was in response to "Common BB - get it together and start pressuring carriers to make some efforts to actually sell your phones"
    its hard for the carriers to push smartphones that are just meh like BB
    they want to hook people up with the latest and top of the like smartphones
    for the message I did not know your original was a response.
    03-07-12 02:58 PM
    If it makes you feel any better, I've never had one single BBM buddy. Everyone i know has an iphone. Even my wife.
    lol I only have two.
    03-07-12 03:59 PM
    If you can get through the Crap on Smoothie and get BBM music, you will quickly rebuild your BBM contacts with good people.
    03-07-12 07:33 PM
90 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD