03-07-12 07:33 PM
90 1234
tools
    Instead of sending ur gf/wife a lame text msg or a "how's going" call. Once in a while, go to her after work, hand her a rose, hold her hand and give her kiss.
    GingerSnapsBack likes this.
    03-05-12 07:19 PM
    Same here. I do notice I text less when being forced to use SMS. I use Google Voice for Free SMS but the BlackBerry app for it is pretty awful.

I prefer BBM or Live Profile.

It seems iPhone users like to text and not use apps like Whatsapp or LP.

Why is that?
    I tried WhatsApp for a friend on BlackBerry and I didn't care for it. I text everyone I know and wouldn't ask someone to download an app to communicate. I pay for unlimited text messages for a reason.

For the people who I don't text, I find they all have Twitter or Facebook. That does the job for me.

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk
    03-05-12 07:34 PM
    I've had the opposite experience, I've added three new BBM contacts this week. My son upgraded to a 9790. My whole family have BB it will stay that way as long as I am.happy with BB, plus I love the Group BBM chat, will come in handy when the kids are off to University.
    03-05-12 08:06 PM
    I hope you don't have kids, a divorce will be hard on them
    He's got an iPad. Too young for a phone.
    03-05-12 08:08 PM
    I'm sorry.. A smart son? No offence to the parent but he probably just caved into an intense marketing campaign that confuses those who need to feel like the rest.

The only thing the iphone has going for it is the apps. If we took an iphone and a Bb10 device, with the same amout of apps, the BB10 would be far superior...

The apps issue with blackberry is being dealt with so once that happens... If someone can still claim iphone to be better, then that person is just delusional...
    Where can I get a BB10 device?

Thanks in advance.
    vrs626 and kevinnugent like this.
    03-05-12 08:21 PM
    Where can I get a BB10 device?

Thanks in advance.
    I'm sure Verizon will sell it. When is the real question?
    03-05-12 09:40 PM
    I tried WhatsApp for a friend on BlackBerry and I didn't care for it. I text everyone I know and wouldn't ask someone to download an app to communicate. I pay for unlimited text messages for a reason.

For the people who I don't text, I find they all have Twitter or Facebook. That does the job for me.

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk
    This is kind of understandable if you live in the USA bubble and don't have friends outside of it. For the rest of us, a free cross platform way to have conversations across borders and oceans is essential. Bbm is by farther best for this and whatsapp works pretty well too. Having old friends who are now on 4 continents in one Bbm group with a constant conversation flowing all day is something impossible to achieve with only twitter, fb or SMS. It's amazing.
    03-05-12 10:35 PM
    I'm sorry.. A smart son? No offence to the parent but he probably just caved into an intense marketing campaign that confuses those who need to feel like the rest.

The only thing the iphone has going for it is the apps. If we took an iphone and a Bb10 device, with the same amout of apps, the BB10 would be far superior...

The apps issue with blackberry is being dealt with so once that happens... If someone can still claim iphone to be better, then that person is just delusional...

HAHAHAHAHAHA...Speaking of "delusional," are you talking about the current iteration of iPhone, or are you talking about an iPhone that does not yet exist? Ya know,....like BB10 does not yet exist?

EDIT:.....just saw where CrackedBarry already called this clown out. Carry on then....
    Last edited by tchocky77; 03-05-12 at 11:36 PM.
    03-05-12 11:33 PM
    i somehow added myself as a bbm friend.. its really weird bbming yourself and then the text shows up in the same chat.. Not sure how i did it but it wasnt on purpose
    03-05-12 11:47 PM
    i somehow added myself as a bbm friend.. its really weird bbming yourself and then the text shows up in the same chat.. Not sure how i did it but it wasnt on purpose
    Hahaha! I lol'd at that!
    03-06-12 12:07 AM
    But anyways, for all of those who complain about losing people on BBM, may I offer you a relatively cheap solution? Buy an iPod Touch! Costs 160$ or thereabouts for new, you can probably find one used for around 100$, and presto! Without giving out or giving up on your Blackberry, you'll be able to use iMessage and Skype for either free worldwide messaging, or free worldwide video chat!
    That's a pretty good work around crackedbarry. I've been using the 9900's hotspot for even more wifi mobility with my ipod touch 4g. Some retailers are taking old ipods in as a 50.00 credit toward a new one making a new 8 gig touch under 150.00
    03-06-12 05:31 AM
    Yes I feel your pain also. My son has announced he wishes to go to the dark side. I have loved my BBM times as he is away up north and now...well we shall see.
    03-06-12 08:04 AM
    LOL, I did that too! But on purpose! LOL
    03-06-12 08:33 AM
    I've had the opposite experience, I've added three new BBM contacts this week. My son upgraded to a 9790. My whole family have BB it will stay that way as long as I am.happy with BB, plus I love the Group BBM chat, will come in handy when the kids are off to University.
    I added one.
    03-06-12 10:12 AM
    You have a smart son. More and more people are ditching BBs for iPhones (except in the third world where iPhones are too expensive).

Maybe you could get som BBM pen pals in Indonesia or Paraguay.
    :0 Great idea!!
    03-06-12 10:38 AM
    I think BB could get a few new people in American if they dropped the extra $10 BBM and Internet for Prepaid folks. On My T-Mobile Prepaid plan I can have any smartphone on my $15 Unlimited text plan and all of them work on my home WIFI except the BB I had... If I would have wanted to use the WIFI on it I would have had to get a $50 plan + the $10 BB Extra Addon..
    03-06-12 10:41 AM
    Just get whatsapp and text people across android/iphone/bb for nothing.
    03-06-12 12:13 PM
    It seems iPhone users like to text and not use apps like Whatsapp or LP.

Why is that?
    Honestly, I think it's seen as "cooler" - and it's cross platform. AND they chat with local friends more, at least from what I observe, and that means they don't need to worry about International SMS charges. North American-wide SMS plans are also in place now, so it's easier and "free" too.

plus most people who don't come from an enterprise background really don't care about security, don't understand BIS and just want to do what's easiest.
    03-06-12 12:52 PM
    My wife had a moment of contemplation when it was time to upgrade her 9650, but in the end she stuck with me and got a 9930. I still have my #1 BBM buddy.

And just today, she commented "I love my Berry."
    03-06-12 01:22 PM
    I never had many BBM buddies and have since lost my sister and a good friend. That only leaves me with one good friend (who has no intention of switching due to the 9930 keyboard, and 2 casual friends. I do a lot of texting and sometimes go over my limit.
    03-06-12 02:12 PM
    I never had many BBM buddies and have since lost my sister and a good friend. That only leaves me with one good friend (who has no intention of switching due to the 9930 keyboard, and 2 casual friends. I do a lot of texting and sometimes go over my limit.
    No texting or data limit over at Sprint. I'm don't know much about NE, but I believe you should be able to maintain the same level of coverage and service.

Best of luck to you.
    03-06-12 02:16 PM
    I am on the verge of contract expiration with at&t and went into both at&t and Verizon stores lately to see what was available for BB. In each store it was obvious that the BB's were the least available and sales people looked at me oddly for even asking about them! Neither was sure they had any in stock. Both stores more then intimated that no one was buying them any more. I guess this becomes a self fulfilling prophesy - make believe they don't exist and sales will fall. I also think the BB mgt team has not helped with lackluster upgrades and a "wait till next year" strategy that seems future tense fixated. Common BB - get it together and start pressuring carriers to make some efforts to actually sell your phones. Also, lower the dang price as the latest models are all orphans in my book pending the long anticipated "new" models.
    03-06-12 03:00 PM
    Lol I gain a few every day
    03-06-12 03:25 PM
    You know what's really sad...

I just gained a BBM contact, now I have 2. Whoo hoo! The most I've ever had.
    03-06-12 05:06 PM
    they got nothing on the top androids and the iphone
    no dual core, not a front face camera not even an
    8 mp camera crappy apps and so on
    I have a camera - don't need a phone for that. I also had an G-SII and found android software buggy and slow. Iphone was OK but the app thing is way overdone in terms of ones that are actually usefull. Lastly I think dual core for phones is way over rated - mainly i want good call quality and txt/email that works and very few, if any, apps actually use dual core. I have a big plasma to watch movies on why the heck use a phone for that?

I just need BB to cut the rediculous prices for Bold 9900 and move on.
    wolfee48 likes this.
    03-06-12 05:23 PM
90 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD