I have my BBM Contacts remotely backed up on my device to my email address.

If I exchange my S2 in the future for a new one at any time, will I have to manually re-invite ALL of my contacts, or do I just load up my contact list and I'm good to go?
    11-11-09 06:25 AM
    Help anyone?
    11-11-09 07:19 AM
    If I exchange my S2 in the future for a new one at any time, will I have to manually re-invite ALL of my contacts, or do I just load up my contact list and I'm good to go?
    No - you can restore them remotely via email - BBM will do all the work for you. I believe the only requirement is that is must be an email account that you have setup on your device.
    11-11-09 07:23 AM
    Thank you mark!

So I get the new device, hookup my email accounts, go onto BBM and restore...and won't have to re-invite everyone of my contacts? That's terrific.

I thought new PIN = re-invite!
    11-11-09 07:25 AM
    Thank you mark!

So I get the new device, hookup my email accounts, go onto BBM and restore...and won't have to re-invite everyone of my contacts? That's terrific.

I thought new PIN = re-invite!
    It will automatically update your contacts with your new PIN without them even knowing - its similar to the "swap device" option in desktop manager, it just does it over the network. I've done this several times without issues, my contacts didn't know I switched phones - it will also work if you change carriers as well, like I did. JUST MAKE SURE YOU BACKUP FIRST - Good luck
    11-11-09 07:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD