If I'm right? What happens.

Tell me what you think.
    I guess Blackberry is really giving us a present for Christmas. Which is Blackberry Protect.

Features;
    - Backup
    - Lock-Unlock
    - Make the ringer go off on your phone.
    - Send a Message to the phone so whom ever stole it will get the Message.
    12-06-10 02:13 PM
    Ive been looking forward for this app for a long time. Can any beta testers confirm/deny this ???
    12-06-10 03:15 PM
    I got the impression from one of the surveys that they're considering charging for it?

I beta tested Smartguard back in the day. Liked the app, but its not something I'd pay for.

BlackBerry Protect would be the same for me...
    12-06-10 06:25 PM
    Where is the data backup located? That's what I want to know.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-10 10:40 PM
    Where is the data backup located? That's what I want to know.

data like what? pics/vids/music? people should be doing this on their own. no reason for RIM to waste server space on this, plus backing that up will take forever OTA. emails, contacts and messages is more than fair.
    12-07-10 12:36 AM
    data like what? pics/vids/music? people should be doing this on their own. no reason for RIM to waste server space on this, plus backing that up will take forever OTA. emails, contacts and messages is more than fair.
    Pretty sure emails, contacts, messages and other PIM content is considered "data".

12-07-10 01:13 AM
    it the 10th...anyone know if this is out yet?
    12-10-10 01:10 PM
    RIM doesn't tell beta testers when they're going to release a program, but usually a day or two before they do we get a survey asking if we think it's ready for release. I don't recall any such survey for BBP.

BBP is an amazing program and I don't think RIM will charge extra for it. They NEED to provide this to stay competitive.
    12-10-10 01:20 PM
    If I'm right? What happens.

Tell me what you think.
    I guess Blackberry is really giving us a present for Christmas. Which is Blackberry Protect.

Features;
    - Backup
    - Lock-Unlock
    - Make the ringer go off on your phone.
    - Send a Message to the phone so whom ever stole it will get the Message.
    This is what needs to be in public beta or via invite, because it WILL be the best thing to ever come to blackberry.

12-10-10 03:31 PM
    ...so this past weekend had come and went, and I was just 'hoping' we would get some good news on this front. Any other rumors?

I too think BB needs a few shots in the arm like a new product like Protect.

Like quite a few BB peeps I know, I am currently eyeing a new Android device (like HTC EVO 4G) - they seem so much more fun to own and use. In my case however, I likely won't give up my BB just yet, but it sure feels like Palm all over again (and I rode that train for A LONG TIME).
    12-13-10 10:30 AM
    yes I am waiting for this program.
    12-13-10 11:00 AM
    ... it sure feels like Palm all over again (and I rode that train for A LONG TIME).
    LOL
    The situation RIM is in has no similarities to Palm's death spiral

Unlike Palm, RIM is pulling in more money than they have in the history of the company.
    12-13-10 08:19 PM
    12-15-10 12:37 PM
    Been waiting on this for a while, going to install on my 2 Blackberrys.

12-15-10 07:57 PM
    12-16-10 07:12 PM
    I guess you ain't right about the release date.

So I have a question, if you get stolen and someone pulls of your sim card and insert a sim card with no data plan associated, will BB Protect still protects you? Just wondering..
    12-21-10 10:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD